Search: Posts made by: [email protected][_2_]
Forum: Soaring September 17th 17, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
L-13 AMOC

Grietje and Francesco at the Australian Soaring Centre Corowa pack 6
gliders each into 4 containers. Blaniks wings are rather big though.
Maybe only 4...
Forum: Soaring June 27th 17, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New House Thermal

On 27/06/2017 19:11, Tango Whisky wrote:
Le mardi 27 juin 2017 07:02:56 UTC+2, a écrit :
No. Only a miniscule amount of the sunlight is turned into electricity.
At this...
Forum: Soaring June 27th 17, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New House Thermal

On 27/06/2017 01:43, Tango Whisky wrote:

Well, there is an issue with physics ... ;-) A good part of the sunlight is absorbed by the solar panels and transformed into electricity, and *not* into...
Forum: Soaring June 15th 17, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tost Ring Failure

On 11/06/2017 06:37, Benedict Smith wrote:
I have personally seen 3 tost ring failures at my gliding club this season,
(the
last one only about 3 hours ago!) these were all the large rings on...
Forum: Soaring June 6th 17, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flarm firware update tries produce "Synchronization Failed"message.

On 6/06/2017 13:04, Jim wrote:
I have been trying to apply the latest Flarm firmware update to the Flarm in our ASG-32Mi with an LX9000 installed.

I have tried many times and every time the...
Forum: Soaring June 5th 17, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Locking tail dolly

On 5/06/2017 23:00, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Interesting. I believe that this is the HF part that JJ is talking about.
Forum: Soaring May 28th 17, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thinking about buying a DG400

On 27/05/2017 23:15, Dave Walsh wrote:
I think you will find that as DG actually built the 400 they
support it "free of charge" so there should be no DG "tax" to
pay? Could easily be wrong...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 17, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Letter to the FAA

Self-regulation is a really good idea. So, Wallace and Burt (and the
others), how many of your tugs have Schweizer releases? What plans do
you have for replacing them with Tost - or, at least,...
Forum: Soaring May 24th 17, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stemme S12 in Michigan this Saturday, May 20th (KOZW) @ 4 pm

On 24/05/2017 09:28, Dave Nadler wrote:

Stemme has a different issue: it can get "rocking" (in roll) and hit a tip.
I know this has happened more than once (on grass fields) - damage...
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 17, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Benalla

On 21/01/2017 11:51, Tango Eight wrote:
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 3:34:39 PM UTC-5, Duster wrote:
Kawa has done plenty of the cat and mouse flying he's complaining about! It's just that...
Forum: Soaring November 28th 15, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Lanyon

The BGA has probably alerted UK people, but if not, there is an
exhibition of Peter Lanyon's gliding paintings at the Cortauld until
January...