CG Trimming after Tail Boom Repair by [email protected]
A new weight and balance, after a tail boom repair, shows that several tens of pounds of trim weight needs to be added to a forward location in order to move the CG back into acceptable range. This fixes CG issue, but are there other concerns with doing this? Would be interested in experience of...
Glider Insurance by LAX
Is everyone insured by Costello Insurance? I am purchasing a glider and it comes down to this, the annual premiums I was quoted are approximately equal to the cost of the glider divided by 16. That is my annual payment. In other words, if I don’t have insurance, every 16 years I could buy a new...
Yesterday 10:15 PM
by MNLou Go to last post
7 7 Soaring
Best Path to Race by Jeff Morgan
After a 12 year soaring hiatus to advance my airline career, I am back in. I rejoined my old club and got a flight review, and am happy to report the passion is still there. However, I am at a crossroads, much like before. Our club is all metal ships. Between that and the club time limit per...
Repainting Wingtip by JB Gunner
The wingtip skid on my glider had become worn down and I didn't catch in time. I landed on a concrete runway. The under surface of the wingtip scrapped on the runway wearing off the paint. There seems to be no damage to the fiberglass just scratched gelcoat. The scrape is about two inches wide...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
11 56 Soaring
WTB TruTrak 2 1/4 turn and bank by [email protected]
I'm looking for a TruTrak 2 1/4 one minute turn and bank indicator. My understanding is that TruTrak does not make this instrument any more. Please contact me at dreaganatfuse.net if you have one that needs a new home. Thanks, Dan Reagan