Landing Gear Handle Interferes With Dive Brakes by Dan Marotta
I keep hearing that that is a good thing, but I beg to differ.* Some times it's a good thing to be able to extend the brakes/spoilers in flight without lowering the gear. An example of the above is when you're cruising under a cloud street and, through inattention or poor planning, you get a...
Today 06:00 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
LS3 LS4 Differences by [email protected]
Hello, Leaning toward an LS3 or LS4 for my first glider. Are there any practical differences or are they very similar? How about the flapped 3a? These seam to be the more available and are priced a bit lower? Also how long does a paint finish typically last if gelcoat removed and...
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
13 56 Soaring
US International Team (Squad) Ranking by John Leibacher
The current rankings are now available at http://soaringweb.org/US_Team/. There have been significant changes to the rules, and the processes for generating the rankings have been completely re-written, so even though the rankings have been checked by many eyes there could well be glitches. If...
Today 03:13 PM
by John Seaborn (A8) Go to last post
4 30 Soaring
Region 5 South Contest Report by Rich Owen[_2_]
It’s Hot Down Here in the South! The trailers started rolling in last week as the Mid Georgia Soaring club held their annual GTA Race and cross-country camp. The weather is continuing to provide outstanding soaring conditions for the Region 5 Regional in Cordele Georgia. For those of you who...
by Jamie Shore Go to last post
12 200 Soaring
US Senate Confirms Airline "Fox" To Head FAA "Henhouse" by Larry Dighera
Just after it is revealed that the FAA permitted an aircraft manufacturer, Boeing, to self-certify their own products for FAA approval, resulting in the crash of two airliners loaded with passengers, now the US Senate approves the former head of an airline, Delta, to the safety watchdog FAA head...
Today 01:52 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 92 Piloting
Marfa Gliders is NOT closing! by Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
Burt here. I'm NOT retiring, I just downsizing my fleet, selling a hangar, offering my collection of vintage music instruments for sale, specifically: My beautifully restored 1946 Piper J-3 Cub (low-time C-85 HP.) Grove brakes, new spars, new prop, etc. Schempp-Hirth Standard Cirrus, low time,...