Oudie help by Dennis Cavagnaro
I’m going to another state to fly and I would like to see the airports around the area. How can I see their available airports near the airport i will be towing from? DC
Today 02:42 PM
by Nelson Howe Go to last post
6 22 Soaring
Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range by Jim Hogue
Any suggestions? Either currently available or coming in the near future (next year or so) would be ok, I am not in a rush. Prefer it would fit in one 57mm hole. I take care of navigation and tasks with other standalone devices (full on OpenVario with its own vario/STF sensor board, and a Kobo...
by waremark Go to last post
22 68 Soaring
Future of aviation, or flash in the pan?? by kinsell
The nine px Alice prototype suffered a setback in Arizona as a fire on the ground damaged the plane significantly, ahead of planned taxi tests. https://www.flightglobal.com/air-transport/eviation-alice-prototype-damaged-by-electric-fire-in-arizona/136327.article In other electrifying news, a...
by kinsell Go to last post
13 47 Soaring
Nik Salej contact needed by Mark Olinger
Am working on the upcoming SSA convention and have a need to contact Nik Salej of LX Navigation. All efforts via e-mail have gone unreturned. Anybody knowing him please ask him to e-mail Mark Olinger at molingernwa AT yahoo.com or e-mail his contact at that address. Thanks in advance.
Today 09:40 AM
by Mark Olinger Go to last post
0 12 Soaring
Astir CS ballast weight by soaringjac
Does anyone have a photo they can post showing how the ballast weights get installed in the nose of the Astir CS? I just see two holes up there but not exactly sure what’s needed to install weights and how it should be setup
by soaringjac Go to last post
10 53 Soaring
Affordable Oxygen by John Foster
I was given an older MH EDS unit to install in my Phoebus glider which I got for a song and am restoring. The glider has a bracket for the oxygen tank, but no tank is installed. The bottom is a rounded fiberglass cup, and there is a flip bracket to go around the neck. It sits behind the seat pan...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
21 60 Soaring
Becker by Bob Youngblood
I made the trip from Vero to Margate today to have my transponder repaired. You always have choices to make about what kind of avionics to buy. Well, I will never buy anything other than Becker. I was greeted at the door by Alejandro and my unit was immediately taken into the test facility for...
Today 03:57 AM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
1 26 Soaring
Lowest power tow by [email protected]
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An Examiner of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for an 85hp Luscombe to tow.
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post