Glider Insurance by LAX
Is everyone insured by Costello Insurance? I am purchasing a glider and it comes down to this, the annual premiums I was quoted are approximately equal to the cost of the glider divided by 16. That is my annual payment. In other words, if I don’t have insurance, every 16 years I could buy a new...
by Bojack J4 Go to last post
12 35 Soaring
ASH 25M Polar by [email protected]
Hi Nik, the difference in glide performance between the winglet configurations is not that large. But the 26m-winglets increase aileron effectiveness and significantly improve handling in thermals. Climb performance is also said to improve. Best, Christoph
CG Trimming after Tail Boom Repair by [email protected]
A new weight and balance, after a tail boom repair, shows that several tens of pounds of trim weight needs to be added to a forward location in order to move the CG back into acceptable range. This fixes CG issue, but are there other concerns with doing this? Would be interested in experience of...
Boom Unveils Supersonic 'Baby Boom' by O'Holeo
On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 11:57:14 -0600, Mitchell Holman wrote: "Byker" wrote in : I wish them luck. Even if it enters production, like the Concorde, few would be able to afford a ticket: ...
Today 06:40 AM
by Byker Go to last post
2 6 Aviation Marketplace
Jantar SZD 48 "Jantar Std 2" - wing profile templates by Phil Stade[_2_]
I am looking for wing profile data for the Jantar SZD 48 Std 2. Anyone have that information? Thanks Phil
Today 06:33 AM
by Phil Stade[_2_] Go to last post
1 24 Soaring
Best Path to Race by Jeff Morgan
After a 12 year soaring hiatus to advance my airline career, I am back in. I rejoined my old club and got a flight review, and am happy to report the passion is still there. However, I am at a crossroads, much like before. Our club is all metal ships. Between that and the club time limit per...
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
19 58 Soaring
WTB TruTrak 2 1/4 turn and bank by [email protected]
I'm looking for a TruTrak 2 1/4 one minute turn and bank indicator. My understanding is that TruTrak does not make this instrument any more. Please contact me at dreaganatfuse.net if you have one that needs a new home. Thanks, Dan Reagan
Today 03:25 AM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post