Search: Posts made by: Soarin Again[_2_]
Forum: Soaring June 1st 17, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Letter to the FAA

At 03:54 01 June 2017, wrote:
Nice discussion but.....
you are not considering the tow planes that have a winch system for tows.
There is a winch inside the fuselage that...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 17, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
All US Records are Now Motor Glider Records

On the last day for the 94-95 Hilton Cup Dan Matzke flew a big triangle
out of California City in his DG400 motor-glider. Well after dark (not
sunset) he radioed that he was low over the Honda track...
Forum: Soaring October 28th 16, 07:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
SSA as sub chapter of AOPA

snips
The moneyed interests at AOPA and EAA are not in tune with the US soaring
community. As well, AOPA and EAA are not national aero clubs. There would
have to be considerable change to those...
Forum: Soaring October 24th 16, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Blow holes vs turbulaator tape.

At 16:50 24 October 2016, Jim White wrote:
Herr Waibel has been quoted as saying of the ASW27 that "there is a 50/5
chance that the blow holes improve performance by 1/2 point"....
Forum: Soaring March 6th 16, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Wing Frequency measuring app

At 02:42 06 March 2016, JS wrote:
Thanks, Clyde. I know that this measurement is done at every Form Two
inspection where you live.

Until this app, the device was a mark one eyeball, and counting...
Forum: Soaring January 5th 16, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
LifePO4 batteries for motorgliders - are we there yet?

At 00:40 05 January 2016, jfitch wrote:

Not a DG, but I have been using an LiFeP04 for the engine start battery
in
my ASH26E for a year now. While the engine start battery can power the
avionics,...
Forum: Soaring October 1st 15, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
What are your thoughts about the Parallel Glider Race

At 16:58 01 October 2015, kirk.stant wrote:
Why not add some excitement for the crowd and the pilots. Simultaneous
release at a specified altitude with the task being to break (using...
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 15, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Gliders Transponder exemption and Project EVA

Snips
At 18:49 22 June 2015, Darryl Ramm wrote:
I expect/hope folks in SSA management are well aware of it.
this stuff needs to be worked though by an SSA team looking at it. My
understanding...
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 15, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Gliders Transponder exemption and Project EVA

Snips
At 18:49 22 June 2015, Darryl Ramm wrote:
I expect/hope folks in SSA management are well aware of it.
this stuff needs to be worked though by an SSA team looking at it. My
understanding...
Forum: Soaring June 22nd 15, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Gliders Transponder exemption and Project EVA

Soarist

I will readily admit that I no longer make it a point to read the magazine
cover to cover or the endless RAS postings.

But I doubt that I was the only one shocked by the recent post on RAS...
Forum: Soaring May 8th 15, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Liability insurance for Tow Pilots

At 18:01 07 May 2015, Walt Connelly wrote:

'Papa3[_2_ Wrote:
;902942']The vast majority of personal excess/umbrella policies I'v
seen specifically exclude Aviation/Aircraft-related losses. ...
Forum: Soaring November 12th 13, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Glider Handling on Tow

Granted this is best with no wind conditions. But for those who find that
their tow planes continually seem to give slow tow speeds.
The next relatively calm morning put a handheld gps displaying...
Forum: Soaring August 13th 13, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Becker AR4201 'Hiss'

At 21:01 12 August 2013, wrote:
Hi. I have a Becker AR4201 in my powered aircraft (sorry, I know this
group is for glider pilots but I can see that there are some Becker...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 13, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
GRob 103 TwinII Acro rear canopy

Any leads on getting new plexiglass for a Grob 103 TwinII Acro rear canopy.
Yesterday a club member had one come open and shatter in flight. The
frame is basically ok but they need the plexiglass. ...
Forum: Soaring November 20th 12, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
U.S. glider operations fuel prices

I recently read a a blurb on the SSA home page that claims the following.

High AVGAS prices ($6-$13/gal currently) are hurting aero tow operations.
Ultimately, US soaring will have to adopt fuel...
Forum: Soaring October 20th 11, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
ASK-21 For Sale

1984 ASK-21 s/n 21218 6306 hrs. no trailer. no major damage history. basic
instruments and oxygen system. Fuselage sanded and ready for paint. Wings
need some gel coat work on upper surfaces but not...
Forum: Soaring March 6th 09, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
AR3201 Harness?

At 13:58 06 March 2009, cemx86 wrote:

Finally, you need to get your work inspected and signed off by an FAA
licenses tech. This is a given for standard certified aircraft. But is
also a...
Forum: Soaring March 6th 09, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
AR3201 Harness?

At 13:58 06 March 2009, cemx86 wrote:

Finally, you need to get your work inspected and signed off by an FAA
licenses tech. This is a given for standard certified aircraft. But is
also a...
Forum: Soaring July 6th 08, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Transponder Praise

At 16:34 05 July 2008, jcarlyle wrote:
My Zaon MRX alerted us to traffic at our altitude 5 miles
away, which then rapidly closed on us. Despite our best
efforts over the next 30 seconds, neither...
Forum: Soaring July 1st 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Soarin Again[_2_]
Tom Knauff's newsletter

At 11:43 01 July 2008, Gary Emerson wrote:
snips
Now, back to the original point. There ARE some number of people who
have mis-understood the rudder wag signal. Tom's solution is to blame...