Search: Posts made by: glidergreg
Forum: Soaring October 17th 17, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Cobra trailer

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 4:30:59 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:
On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 2:18:11 PM UTC-7, glidergreg wrote:
Anyone have the actual width of a Cobra trailer used for a 15...
Forum: Soaring October 17th 17, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Cobra trailer

Anyone have the actual width of a Cobra trailer used for a 15 meter ship. I am looking for the width including wheel fenders.

Thinking of storing 2 trailers in a 10' by 30' storage building.
Forum: Soaring September 14th 17, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
oudie/s80 question

The GPS in an Oudie is not that great. It is more like one you would find in a car. I do the opposite, I feed my Oudie GPS from a better aviation device, in my case a Butterfly Vario.
Forum: Soaring August 12th 17, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Spot tracker renewal

I have had a Spot tracker since 2009 and have never had to use it in an emergency thankfully. Was considering on switching to In-Reach which can be activated for only when I do trips out west once...
Forum: Soaring February 20th 17, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Test results LiFePO4 glider batteries after 6 years

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 1:41:07 PM UTC-6, SF wrote:
I started using K2 LiFeP04 batteries in my glider in 2010. I have had excellent results with these batteries. The electronics, especially...
Forum: Soaring February 1st 17, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Test results LiFePO4 glider batteries after 6 years

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 1:41:07 PM UTC-6, SF wrote:
I started using K2 LiFeP04 batteries in my glider in 2010. I have had excellent results with these batteries. The electronics, especially...
Forum: Soaring February 1st 17, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
SLA batteries and heat

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 2:22:22 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I am still using sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries, because they are cheap and give good service for several years in...
Forum: Soaring January 30th 17, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
DG300 Logo in PDF

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:17:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have a DG300 logo in format usable for print? Vector or PDF etc? I need to restore it on our...
Forum: Soaring January 30th 17, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Thoughts on panel upgrade?

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 11:17:59 PM UTC-6, Paul wrote:
I'm hoping some of you might be kind enough to offer some perspective regarding my panel (pic he...
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 16, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Low cost ADS-B Options

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 12:22:22 AM UTC-5, Mike Schumann wrote:
I spent a day at Oshkosh last Monday and had a chance to talk to Trig about their ADS-B plans.

The Trig TT22 Mode S...
Forum: Soaring December 1st 16, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Low cost ADS-B Options

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 12:22:22 AM UTC-5, Mike Schumann wrote:
I spent a day at Oshkosh last Monday and had a chance to talk to Trig about their ADS-B plans.

The Trig TT22 Mode S...
Forum: Soaring November 4th 16, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Birds in the hangar

On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 8:43:22 PM UTC-5, Ben Coleman wrote:
Our club is discussing what we can do to deter birds from perching in our hangar and messing up our aircraft. Can anyone...
Forum: Soaring May 12th 16, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Wing tie down question

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 5:55:21 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
I will by flying my LAK17at at contests and camps this summer. I will need to tie out the glider.

I am trying to figure out a good...
Forum: Soaring March 11th 16, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
MM Fabrication Wing Wheel

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 7:24:52 PM UTC-6, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
I just received a wing wheel for my new glider from MM Fabrication. I did not check for fit yet, but I have to say I am...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 16, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Tow Plane for hire (Southwest)

Judsen, could you post a contact phone number or E-Mail

Thanks

On Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 11:34:53 AM UTC-6, Judsen Gundersen wrote:
Hello All,

A friend suggested that I make my...
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 15, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Winter Care

I use these. Work great and hold mutiple rodents. No poison needed. I keep one under my trailer and one inside. If you buy them by the dozen under the commercial tab the are very cheap.

VICTOR® TIN...
Forum: Soaring September 24th 15, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
ZAON MRX for sale

On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 1:08:20 PM UTC-5, glidergreg wrote:
Working Zaon MRX for sale. Using Flarm now so I don't need it. First $100.00 takes it.

It has been...
Forum: Soaring September 23rd 15, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
ZAON MRX for sale

Working Zaon MRX for sale. Using Flarm now so I don't need it. First $100.00 takes it.
Forum: Soaring September 4th 15, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Solar power for the Zaon MRX collision avoidance system

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 8:26:00 PM UTC-5, Soartech wrote:
I know they stopped making the Zaon MRX but I think it is a great little device. I'm sure there are lots of us out there that...
Forum: Soaring May 25th 15, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Tow ring attachment?

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 4:28:20 PM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
Some operations attach both a Tost ring and a Schweizer ring onto the end of the rope where as others have a Schweizer ring on the end...
Forum: Soaring April 7th 15, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
George Applebay

I met George for the first time while flying at Moriarity last summer. I made a special effort to seek him out as I very much wanted to meet this legend of the Soaring community. After some hunting...
Forum: Soaring February 19th 15, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Towing with a TDI

I had a 2010 TDI Sportwagan DSG and pulled a DG300 in a cobra trailer around the Midwest. No major issues except passing trucks could give it a good sway and strong cross winds could be a bit of a...
Forum: Soaring February 9th 15, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
See & Avoid

These folks had a booth at Oshkosh. They said then that they hoped to add TFR's to their site too.
Forum: Soaring November 3rd 14, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
SPOT Global Phone

On Sunday, November 2, 2014 12:09:04 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

The SPOT Global Phone is an interesting product. Are any of you using them?
Forum: Soaring September 5th 14, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By glidergreg
Flarm error

On Friday, September 5, 2014 8:17:21 AM UTC-5, glidergreg wrote:
Anyone know what a FLARM error three is. I get this voice message on my Butterfly Vario then the flarm page goes to a large...