Letter to the FAA by Walt Connelly
Before I send my letter to the FAA I'd like to ask if anyone has ever attempted to get them to see the light and end the use of Schweizer hooks on tow planes here in the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is a well known fact and clearly stated in the SSA/SSF and FAA circulars and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
142 1,090 Soaring
Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar by [email protected]
What color devices are pilots using for Top Hat/XCSoar? I'm running Top Hat on a Kobo Glo (large eink gray scale--great readability) and a Dell Streak 5 (smaller screen, color, acceptable readability). If the Dell were a little brighter and larger, it would be perfect. Options seem to range from...
Yesterday 09:35 PM
by Martin Gregorie[_5_] Go to last post
3 1 Soaring
Adapting medical cannulas to work with an EDS? by Bill G
Has anyone figured this out? I want to be able to have cannulas for all my clients for flying near Aspen, but $8 a pop for someone who may only use it once is pricy. I noticed medical cannulas are only about $2-3. Has anyone figured an way to adapt them to an EDS? Thanks!
Yesterday 09:26 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
3 16 Soaring
OLC - Often a Lost Cause by Dan Marotta
Yesterday I flew with Uli Neumann in his Caproni A-21 S, and what fun we had! Uli, who flies out of South Carolina, said happily, "This is almost like cheating!" We made a simple 300k triangle with very few turns and then retired to my home for a beer and cheese burger (thanks,...
9 35 Soaring
June 22, 2017 - AOPA, GA groups oppose ATC privatization by Larry Dighera
AOPA, GA groups oppose ATC privatization What would Regain have done if ATC personnel had not been government employees? Privatization of essential services has always worked out well; just look at the privatization of electricity in...
Yesterday 01:38 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 11 Piloting