air extractor for asw19 and asw20 by [email protected]
I just installed a very cool - pun intended - air extractor in my ASW19. Its a nifty device that replaces that little hatch cover where the control connections are. My guess is that it was made on a 3D printer. Anyway, I couldn’t believe how well it worked and so I’m putting a shameless...
ASH25M - Technoflug prop vs AS prop? by Nik[_2_]
Hi all, I recently bought an ASH25M, which still got the Technoflug prop. Now many PPL advice to go for the AS prop. I asked Schleicher and Rolf went like: "At least we can repair it, if it has a crack or so." - But I could not manage to get information about performance. Anyone switched to the...
Yesterday 11:52 PM
by waremark Go to last post
3 25 Soaring
Where can I train in a PW-6? Seminole Lake's is down for maintenancefor a couple of months by [email protected]
Hi, all. I have a PW-5 that I bought but have never flown. Since the PW-6 is the 2-place trainer for the PW-5, I was hoping to train in a PW-6 for and hour or so before attempting the PW-5. I just spoke with Seminole Lake Gliderport (here in Florida) who said that their PW-6 is down for...
Cobra trailer by glidergreg
Anyone have the actual width of a Cobra trailer used for a 15 meter ship. I am looking for the width including wheel fenders. Thinking of storing 2 trailers in a 10' by 30' storage building.
Any 2-33s available out there? by Tom[_21_]
Sugarbush Soaring is possibly looking for a good condition 2-33 for its fleet. There seem to be none advertised anywhere. Any intel? Thanks Tom
Yesterday 09:51 PM
by Renny[_2_] Go to last post
1 34 Soaring
Is there a nose hook modification for a standard cirrus by [email protected]
I bought a standard cirrus. I havent flown it yet, but I was wondering if it's possible to put a nose hook on the plane?
US Team Selection by Kevin Christner
Dear eligible US Team selection voters, For the first time in many years their will be direct pilot input into the selection of US Team members. While you are casting your ballots I would ask that you review the US Team code of conduct. Specifically the following applicable selections: 13.1.3...
Yesterday 08:53 PM
by Kevin Christner Go to last post
0 5 Soaring
US Competition Pilot Poll by [email protected]
Hello US competition pilots. Our annual poll about topics related to competition and associated rules is now open at http://www.adamsfive.com/a5soaring/survey/surveys.php. It is open to all pilots on the ranking list. Feedback from the poll and associated comments, as well as messages via e-mail to...
by Kevin Christner Go to last post
21 140 Soaring
Hall of Fame Nominations by JayM
Lifetime SSA members and long time (15 yrs+) members will soon receive a ballot for two nominees this year. Note that it is not an either/or vote. Both can be selected. So mark either one or both names before sending it back to SSA. Thanks, Jay
Yesterday 08:45 PM
by JayM Go to last post
3 5 Soaring
R6North Contest Poll by [email protected]
R6North Contest Poll Dear SSA Members: I'm gauging pilot interest for competing at a R6 North Contest to be held either at Ionia, Owosso, or Lenawee County (Adrian) airports in late June or July 2019. Both Adrian Soaring Club and Sandhill Soaring Club (my home club) have expressed an interest...
2018 FAI SGP USA 🇺🇸 Registration Opened by Sean Fidler
Registration is now open: http://www.sgp.aero/usa2018 FAI SGP USA Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/FAISailplaneGrandPrixUSA/ Official Competition Dates: March 26, 2018 - April 1, 2018 Competition Venue: Seminole Lake Gliderport, Clermont (Orlando), Florida
Yesterday 05:13 PM
by Sean Fidler Go to last post
3 30 Soaring
R6North Competition Poll by [email protected]
R6North Contest Poll Dear SSA Members: I'm gauging pilot interest for competing at a R6 North Contest to be held either at Ionia, Owosso, or Lenawee County (Adrian) airports in late June or July 2019. Both Adrian Soaring Club and Sandhill Soaring Club (my home club) have expressed an interest...
Region 6 North Contest Poll by [email protected]
R6North Contest Poll Dear SSA Members: I'm gauging pilot interest in competing at a R6 North Contest to be held either at Ionia, Owosso, or Lenawee County (Adrian) airports in late June or July 2019. Both the Adrian Soaring Club and Sandhill Soaring Club (my home club) have expressed an...
by Miloch Go to last post
0 8 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 02:26 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 02:26 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 11 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 02:26 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 8 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 02:26 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 8 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 02:26 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 02:26 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 02:26 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 02:26 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 7 Aviation Photos
Blackburn Sydney by Miloch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Sydney The Blackburn R.B.2 Sydney (serial N241) was a long-range maritime patrol flying boat developed for the Royal Air Force in 1930, in response to Air Ministry Specification R.5/27. It was a parasol-winged braced monoplane of typical flying boat...
Yesterday 02:24 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 6 Aviation Photos
Glider near miss with Airliner (emergency climb) near Chicago yesterday? by Sean Fidler
I just listened to this news on a major news network and pseudo confirmed it he http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1374687 The newsperson actually said, "Why didn't this glider have a transponder, why wasn't this glider talking to someone, how is this possible…" live on the...
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
134 856 Soaring
US: Pilot Ranking List for 2018 by John Leibacher
With the conclusion of Region 4 North, the 2017 sanctioned contests are finished, and the first release of the Pilot Ranking List for 2018 is available on the Soaring Servers at http://soaringweb.org/PRL, http://soaring.gahsys.com/PRL, http://serkowski.com/soaring/PRL, and...
Yesterday 07:04 AM
by John Leibacher Go to last post