Interview - 1000 km Soaring Flight by Richard Andrews & Barry Jaeger by Paul Remde
Hi, On May 8, 2020, accomplished Minnesota glider pilots Barry Jaeger and Richard Andrews flew an Arcus from Minnesota to Tennessee - a flight of over 1000 km. The flight is the longest sailplane flight out of Minnesota and set a U.S. National soaring record and several Minnesota state soaring...
Today 01:37 AM
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
1 35 Soaring
How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared? by Semantics Michael
The sport of soaring is, of course, a relatively small community and what might impact our suppliers and dealers can affect us all. Curious as to how the US and non-US suppliers have fared so far during the pandemic. In any case, may 2021 bring them a better New Year!
by 2G Go to last post
35 307 Soaring
First glider Nimbus 2 ? by Surge
A Nimbus 2 is on the market which I'm interested in as my first glider and I'd like some feedback from those who've owned or flown one. I do realize that a flapped, long winged glider is not the best choice for a low time pilot which is why I will keep the glider in a hangar while I first build up...
by 2G Go to last post
118 3,059 Soaring
FLARM releases firmware for ADS-R and TIS-B by Dave Nadler
Hi All - FLARM has announced release of firmware supporting ADS-R and TIS-B reception. This feature is included in new firmware for Core Fusion. For original PowerFLARM core and portable, this requires a license available he https://flarm.com/shop/ads-r-and-tis-b-reception-adsr/ Firmware is...
by Bob Caldwell (BC) Go to last post
40 193 Soaring
Weglide.org by pavel skrabal
Looks like new interesting project for storing IGC flights. I think prehistoric OLC needs some fresh blood competition. WiFi download of flights straight from LX computers again this summer?
Yesterday 04:35 PM
by Aldo Cernezzi Go to last post