Search: Posts made by: Scott Braddock
Forum: General Aviation February 11th 11, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By Scott Braddock
KX175 pinout

On 2/8/11 3:53 AM, Alejandro Oreamuno wrote:
Hello!
I need to change a KX175 with a KX165, but I don´t have the pinout for
the KX175. Need it to...
Forum: Owning February 1st 11, 10:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Scott Braddock
Cessna 340 High Altitude Operations (Please Help)

On 1/30/11 4:58 PM, UIO Spotter wrote:
/snip/
NOW, on the 340, I was reading the manuals and the takeoff procedures
say MIXTURE RICH. Now. I have some doubt. As we are taking off from 9
Forum: Owning January 18th 11, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Scott Braddock
Cessna 150

On 1/16/11 2:28 PM, cjacorona wrote:
Hey Cessna 150 owners i just got my 150 last spring and this is the
first winter im flying it, the problem is it's so cold in the plane that
steam comes out...
Forum: Owning July 1st 10, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Scott Braddock
Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sender

Mike Spera wrote:
Still trying to track down a high oil temp reading. I would like to get a
new temp sender to swap out. Too lazy to rig up the hot plate, thermometer,
etc. to test the old...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 10, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Scott Braddock
Videos: Stearman mishap temporarily shut down Washington's ReaganNational

Peter Dohm wrote:

Personally, ever since first seeing them on a 1959 Cessna 172, I've always
liked the concept of the Cleveland brakes--because the bulk of the disk
brake mechanism is inside...
Forum: Piloting December 13th 09, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Scott Braddock
Frozen Flaps

brian whatcott wrote:
I am still familiarizing with a newly acquired 150.
The other day I flew on a chilly evening just above freezing.
I applied flaps in the pattern, and when I landed, the...
Forum: Owning November 10th 09, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Scott Braddock
Repair of wet wing leak

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Yes. I think they went to wet wing in 1978 or 79.

S/N 66591 & up ('79 Model Year) Integral tanks.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Forum: Piloting October 2nd 09, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Scott Braddock
ILS approach to near minimums - Video

Flaps_50! wrote:
/snip/
Sure, but my point is that you should then know where to look for the
runway threshold ...

Cheers

You've never actually flown IFR, in real life, have you?

Happy...
Forum: Piloting September 10th 09, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Scott Braddock
Declared first emergency last week

Jay Honeck wrote:
/snip/
Control cables, for example, are obviously critical -- yet I don't
recall ever hearing about them being changed on condition, let alone
preemptively, even on our 61...
Forum: Owning September 8th 09, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Scott Braddock
Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sending Unit

Mike Spera wrote:
Scott,

That's the gauge you are looking at, not the sending unit. I don't need the
gauge.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
Forum: Owning September 6th 09, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Scott Braddock
Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Sending Unit

Mike Spera wrote:
/snip/
2 things that I cannot find: the part number of the oil temp sending unit
and a supplier. This part does not appear either in the engine parts list or
the airplane...
Forum: Owning August 5th 09, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Scott Braddock
M20J single drive magneto

Evan Salant wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a M20J and have a question about the A3B6D
engine. Specifically, why haven't more owners switched to the dual
drive magneto of the A3B6 IO-360...