US Sectional Charts by 2KA
If you like sectional charts (and I do), you may be interested to know that up-to-date, downloadable sectional charts are available for the most popular soaring flight planning software. Just visit the Sectionals tab on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info to find: - CMR format files for...
Today 08:40 AM
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
5 40 Soaring
Crashed burr-head jets reportedly lacked key safety features becauseBoeing charged extra for them by Burr-head Airlines
Boeing jets in Ethiopia and Indonesia lacked two safety features in their cockpits because the company charged extra to install them. The features could have helped the pilots detect erroneous readings, which some experts believe might be connected to the planesí failures, The New York Times...
Today 07:35 AM
by Burr-head Airlines Go to last post
0 1 Piloting
Florida Soaring Conditions in August- Seminole by Neil McLaughlin[_3_]
I have a work trip to Orlando coming up in August and have the option to stay on for a few days afterwards. I was thinking about visiting Seminole Lake and doing some flying out of there. My first question is will the weather be good to make it worthwhile? I can see it could be quite hot and...
Today 06:49 AM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
6 36 Soaring
Solution Manual Introduction to Communication Systems (Upamanyu Madhow) by [email protected]
I require the solution manual to Introduction to Communication Systems by Upamanyu Madhow. Thanks a lot in advance!
Flarm suppression of ADS-B out on Tow Planes by [email protected]
For those towing behind tow planes equipped with ADS-B out (1090MHz), a new version of PowerFlarm firmware 6.67 is now available which should suppress the collision warning from the tow plane's ADS-B out. Below are release notes. Version 6.67 Published 04 March 2019 Platforms Build Expiration All...
by Bruce Go to last post
24 46 Soaring
Life glider hours with winch by [email protected]
Hi all. I listened from some pilots that the glider life hours reduce if you use winch start. Is that true? I looked for some data about and I did not found. have a nice day, José.
Today 03:02 AM
by Bob Kuykendall Go to last post
9 23 Soaring
DNN aircraft detection by [email protected]
Not sure how practical for gliders but for powered aircraft seems useful to augment ADSB. They have tested in an around Edwards and could detect gliders. Just need to find a way to keep bugs off the camera lens. https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2019/03/20/jetson-tx2-aircraft-safety/ Darren
Today 01:57 AM
by WB Go to last post
1 14 Soaring
Borgelt Dynamis variometer by Mike Borgelt[_2_]
Well we finally got all the algorithms right and the plus and minus signs in the right places. It took a lot longer than we thought until we made a testing breakthrough. One day the story will get told. Our beta testers report they are very happy and could not fault it. Search Youtube for Borgelt...
by Nick[_5_] Go to last post
17 156 Soaring
Salida, CO flying this summer? by joesimmers[_2_]
Any glider flying camps, groups etc. in Salida this summer? Thanks for any info, Joe
Yesterday 06:18 PM
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
9 54 Soaring
TOW PLANE Accident by Richard Garrity
Skyline Soaring Club has suffered a tragic loss of a member in the crash of our tow plane. The accident occurred on October 7th while towing an ASK21.. The glider released at very low altitude and returned safely to the airport. The NTSB is investigating and factual information is shown on their...
by Ernst Go to last post
99 986 Soaring
Avare by Dan Marotta
My glider is equipped with ADS-B Out.¬* I use Avare in my glider as an ADS-B In display.¬* Yesterday was my first test and I was dismayed to see that my ship was displayed at the center of the screen with a reported altitude difference that matched the difference between the altimeter setting...
Yesterday 03:52 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
7 43 Soaring
Recirculate cockpit air to keep feet warm? by [email protected]
As we know, flying in wave with the sun shining, much of the cockpit stays reasonably warm, but the feet, down in the shade, get cold. So, as I'm here at home on a cold night with a fan helping distribute the heat from the wood stove to another room, it occurred to me that something like that may...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post