GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH by [email protected]
We at Gliding International have just completed a three months study on the accident sitution in regard to our sport. We have examined (in detail) the 96 reported accidents which show that our problematic area of soaring flight relates to the landing phase. We took note of all accidents from...
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
124 387 Soaring
See You mobile Flarm display by [email protected]
See You mobile will display Flarm traffic. Will it display ADS-B traffic? Thanks, Doug Levy
Today 02:18 AM
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
US: Who is Flying What by John Leibacher
I have updated the informal listing of US tail IDs with the last 17 years of contest results at http://soaringweb.org/CN/ and mirror sites. There is a lot of hand editing and input from the community, so please send along your corrections and additions to John...
Wanted Trailer by [email protected]
Looking for a trailer for a 1-26. If you have any open trailer laying around I’m interested. Any size, any condition, fabrication not a problem. Make your wife or club happy by getting rid of that “junk” thats been laying around. Looking for one anywhere in midwest from SD to TX and anywhere...
Win a Nano by Paul Remde
Hi Soaring Pilots, WIN A NANO! $470 Value I have been working hard creating interesting and useful Soaring Product Training videos over the years. There are nearly 100 of them so far, with many from this year, and many more coming soon. You can see a list of all the videos he...
Yesterday 11:18 PM
by Paul Remde Go to last post
0 14 Soaring
New Nano4 Overview Video by Paul Remde
Hi Soaring Pilots, I just made available a new Nano4 Overview video. Access the entire Soaring Product Training video series by becoming a Patron for $9.95/month. https://www.patreon.com/cumulussoaring/posts?tag=LXNAV Good Soaring, Paul Remde
Yesterday 11:17 PM
by Paul Remde Go to last post
0 9 Soaring
2020 Mackay, Idaho Regatta by Boise Pilot
Annual Mackay, ID Regatta at U62 airport, tows will be available from July 16 through July 26. mountain and valley flying. O2 - refills are not available nearby, Spot or equivalent required. FLARM STRONGLY recommended. Limited options for RV or motels so reservations so suggest making them...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
16 115 Soaring
Put your money where the risk is by Bret Hess
The discussion "Gliding risk" has been excellent for the most part. To me the most compelling thoughts are about gradually getting conditioned to taking increasing risks ("normalization of deviance"), that experience is a curse as well as a blessing, and that fatalities are just the apex of a...
Yesterday 03:40 PM
by Richard Livingston Go to last post
3 54 Soaring
Pawnee TOST Hook Installation FAA Paperwork by [email protected]
We recently purchased a Pawnee that was a sprayer. In the process of changing the airworthiness certificate from Restricted Aerial Spraying to Restricted Towing. The DAR is looking for either an STC or 337 Field Approval paperwork for the TOST hook. The EASA Form 1 paperwork will not suffice. Does...
by Charles Longley Go to last post
33 142 Soaring
1-26 Racing by [email protected]
I have been reading some of the stories of the 1-26 Championships of years past. The Mockler boys and others who went on to racing higher performance ships cut their teeth doing these highly competative races. Maybe some of you big wing boys (18-20m) might want to consider joining us for some...