Parachute source for gliders and winches by JS[_5_]
Saw the ad in the AMA flyer for their Expo in Pomona. SSA Region 12 has a presence there. AMA Expo: https://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amaexpowest/files/2018/10/expowest-program-2018-web.pdf Fruity Chutes looks like a good source for chutes, including ballistic chutes. Anything from 12" diameter...
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
21 107 Soaring
Break-in for our newly overhauled towplane engine by [email protected]
Just wanted to fish for the procedures and experiences out there on this subject. Our overhauler and our mechanic both say no towing for 10-18 hours.... We can do this, of course, but we are eager to get back to towing as soon as we can. Any experience or procedures out there that might get us...
Today 12:36 PM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
3 82 Soaring
New LAK 17C by Paul T[_4_]
LAK's facebook page details a flight test of the new LAK 17C - yet gives scant few details about the new model. Anybody know how it differs from the B are they using the variable geometry miniflaps they have ben testing on a B model?
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
10 109 Soaring
Tasman Vario and 2nd Seat Repeater by [email protected]
Tidewater Soaring is selling their Tasman V1000 vario, Tasman RDV50 2nd Seat Repeater and Tasman PK312 Backup Power Pack. Just removed from club PW 6 and works just fine. See details on GliderSource.com
DOT Audits FAA Role In Drone Authorizations by Larry Dighera
Quoted from below: “LAANC is a technological solution that helps us safely integrate drones into our airspace,” said Elwell. “It gives our air traffic controllers visibility into where and when authorized drones are flying near airports so they can have more flexibility to plan ...
Yesterday 09:00 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 10 Piloting