Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range by Jim Hogue
Any suggestions? Either currently available or coming in the near future (next year or so) would be ok, I am not in a rush. Prefer it would fit in one 57mm hole. I take care of navigation and tasks with other standalone devices (full on OpenVario with its own vario/STF sensor board, and a Kobo...
by Jim Hogue Go to last post
32 95 Soaring
Soaringspot and trace download now directs to SeeYou Cloud?? by Nick Hill[_3_]
Is it just me or does clicking on the glider CN in a results page on soaringspot now always load the trace in a new browser tab with SeeYou cloud for replay and not just download the trace like it used to do? If this is a change in behaviour from Naviter this is really, really annoying. --...
Today 11:32 AM
by Nick Hill[_3_] Go to last post
3 18 Soaring
Retracting & rotating main U/C by [email protected]
Hi, is anyone able to point me in the direction of pictures or patent number that describe the retracting & rotating main wheel of the SZD Cobra or the Grob Twin II A? Regards Mark
Future of aviation, or flash in the pan?? by kinsell
The nine px Alice prototype suffered a setback in Arizona as a fire on the ground damaged the plane significantly, ahead of planned taxi tests. https://www.flightglobal.com/air-transport/eviation-alice-prototype-damaged-by-electric-fire-in-arizona/136327.article In other electrifying news, a...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
22 71 Soaring
Lowest power tow by [email protected]
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An Examiner of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for an 85hp Luscombe to tow.
Butterfly (air-avionics) Vario discontinued? by [email protected]
Am I right in my suspection that this Vario is no longer available? S
Today 03:32 AM
by 2G Go to last post
7 82 Soaring
Affordable Oxygen by John Foster
I was given an older MH EDS unit to install in my Phoebus glider which I got for a song and am restoring. The glider has a bracket for the oxygen tank, but no tank is installed. The bottom is a rounded fiberglass cup, and there is a flip bracket to go around the neck. It sits behind the seat pan...
by Andrew Ainslie Go to last post
29 77 Soaring
Mechanical Vario Needed by [email protected]
Looking for a working mechanical vario for sale. If you have a winter or whatever sitting up in the shelf gathering dust let me know. It is for installation in another 1-26 thats going to the 1-26 Championships this year. Dan
Today 12:42 AM
by Mike N. Go to last post
1 12 Soaring
Kobe Bryant among those killed in California helicopter crash by Byker
"Leroy N. Soetoro" wrote in message ... https://www.foxnews.com/sports/california-helicopter-crash-calabasas-brush-fire-fatalities-reported According to multiple reports, Bryant was on a helicopter flying over Calabasas – a city of 23,000...
Today 12:14 AM
by Byker Go to last post
0 12 Piloting
Cross Country Glider Transportation by Bryan Wyatt
Hi All, Just wondering if I could get some ideas and recommendations regarding transporting a sailplane from Southern California to Georgia. Does anyone know of a service that specializes in this kind of thing? Thanks.
Yesterday 11:14 PM
by Bryan Wyatt Go to last post
4 39 Soaring
Which Cyclo Polisher Use? by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
I recently bought a used Cyclo polisher. I borrowed one last year and loved the results. The polisher came with the following foam pads; white, blue, green, orange and yellow pads (least to most aggressive). I used the least aggressive white pads last year and it seemed to do very well to put a...