Search: Posts made by: Aaron Thomson
Forum: Soaring April 16th 18, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Phoebus A as a first glider

I have extensive experience with Phoebus Gliders. I helped Bruno get his Phoebus A and I restored a Phoebus B. I’ve inspected 5-6 different Phoebus as pre-buy and condition inspections. I don’t...
Forum: Soaring April 16th 18, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
LXNAV S7 for sale

I haven’t sold it yet. Just took it out of my Nimbus a few nights ago. I have pictures and video to show it working.
801-458-4885
Forum: Soaring March 29th 18, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
LXNAV S7 for sale

Upgrading to the LXNAV S100 so I selling my LXNAV S7, its in excellent condition. It has the most recent update as well.
$650.00 OBO, I can ship anywhere in the world pretty cheaply.

Aaron...
Forum: Soaring March 19th 18, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Stinson 108 Tow Release

Guys/gals,

Anyone have or know if any Stinson 108’s with a tow release? Looking to buy a Stinson 108-3 with a 220hp engine and wouldn’t mind having a back up towplane if our Pawnee is down for...
Forum: Soaring November 13th 17, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
ISO USED CONDOR SOARING SETUP

I believe there are cables and instructions from Paul at cumulus Soaring. I intend to hook up my Oudie and learn how to actually use the darn thing. Need to learn how to use my new LXNAV S100 as...
Forum: Soaring November 13th 17, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
ISO USED CONDOR SOARING SETUP

Thanks for your reply and support! I am anxious to do some winter computer Soaring. My email has been having problems so i’m Not sure if you got my reply. If not here is my email:...
Forum: Soaring November 11th 17, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
ISO USED CONDOR SOARING SETUP

Just wondering if anyone in no longer flying on their Condor soaring setup and would like to sell it. I am looking to spend the winter getting familiar with my Ouide and figured why not play around...
Forum: Soaring October 10th 17, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Nimbus 2b, looking for a set of covers

Dave, thanks very much for your reply. I’ll be contacting you. I also have need for some other things. Thanks for your help!!

Aaron Thomson
N71TT Nimbus 2B
Forum: Soaring October 8th 17, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Nimbus 2b, looking for a set of covers

Just thought I would ask if anyone has a full set of Nimbus 2 covers they would be willing to sell or if no longer needed. I'm just exhausting the option of purchasing used covers before I fully...
Forum: Soaring October 8th 17, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Is there a nose hook modification for a standard cirrus

Hi,

I have a Nimbus 2B that is certified with a nose hook installation. I can look through my records for the 337 if you would like.

Aaron Thomson
N71TT Nimbus 2B
Forum: Soaring September 27th 17, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Looking for a Flarm portable

Hey Skip,

I have a flarm portable unit, I last updated this unit in August of this year. I'm considering getting the brick due to panel and cockpit space. Not sure if you found a flarm already but...
Forum: Soaring September 24th 17, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Nimbus 2B flaps/trim

After a thorough inspection of the flaps/trim issue, I found that the trim screw was able to bottom out on the flap actuation rod. A simple thin brass washer provided just the right amount separation...
Forum: Soaring September 13th 17, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Nimbus 2B flaps/trim

Thanks Mike,

Sounds like I am on the same page as you. I'm anxious to find the problem and get it operating properly.

Aaron Thomson
Forum: Soaring September 13th 17, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Nimbus 2B flaps/trim

Thanks Cliff,

I agree, my Nimbus should work as you described. I hope to find something wrong and either lube it or make sure it's operation properly.

Kind Regards,

Aaron Thomson
Forum: Soaring September 13th 17, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Nimbus 2B flaps/trim

Thanks Alex, I will be looking closely at the flap tube where the trim is located for proper operation and lubrication.

Aaron Thomson
Forum: Soaring September 13th 17, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Nimbus 2B flaps/trim

Hey Mike my trim appears to be flap position compensated, I am going to pull the seat pan and figure this thing out. I have to wonder if the trim screw has been replaced and could be too long and...
Forum: Soaring September 13th 17, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Aaron Thomson
Nimbus 2B flaps/trim

Thanks for the input, it sure doesn't seem right to me. I am an A&P and I need to investigate further. Looks I'll need to pull the seat pan and figure it out. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't...