Search: Posts made by: V1[_2_]
Forum: Soaring August 11th 11, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By V1[_2_]
OLC Graph Question

When looking at the “Flight Details” page for specific flight, there’s
a graph in the bottom left that shows the altitude trace. Many of the
graphs just have a blue line (showing altitude) with a...
Forum: Soaring May 10th 11, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By V1[_2_]
SPOT II Case

FYI – I found a tiny camera case at REI that is almost a perfect fit
for a SPOT II. It has several types of straps and flaps to allow it to
be attached to something, e.g., a parachute belt. (It does...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 11, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By V1[_2_]
Dittel - Great Customer Service (UPS - not so much)

I think companies should get credit for good customer service and
should suffer the public consequences of poor service. In my recent
experience, Dittel gets top marks, UPS flunks.

I returned my...
Forum: Soaring March 14th 11, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By V1[_2_]
SPOT Mounting - Parachute

I purchased one of the new SPOT’s (SPOT Satellite Messenger, sometimes
called SPOT II). As a fall-back, I have a few options for mounting it
directly on my ship, but I’d prefer a chute mount. I’ve...
Forum: Soaring February 13th 11, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By V1[_2_]
US National Park Overflights

In the Letters section of the USA Soaring magazine Feb 2011, there was
a reference to a possible glider violation of the "2000' per/1 mile
rule for national parks." I had not heard of this.

Separate...