Search: Posts made by: Emir Sherbi
Forum: Soaring July 12th 20, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
OLC comment, MOP logging deactivated

If the E-glide competitions becomes more popular the mop2 is more interesting. It has an external current sensor. It does not only record the motor activation regardless of the noise but you can...
Forum: Soaring July 1st 20, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
GP 15 Jeta

Diana sailplanes also register their prototype there. Apparently polish authority is worst than Slovenia/Slovakia/Czech...
Forum: Soaring April 13th 20, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Best option for electric self starting glider

El lunes, 13 de abril de 2020, 13:37:18 (UTC-3), Duster escribió:
Any opinions on the Taurus Electro? Side-by-side, pylon, self-launch, trailer option for solar array charging, etc. They claim the...
Forum: Soaring April 9th 20, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Best option for electric self starting glider

El miércoles, 8 de abril de 2020, 21:33:17 (UTC-3), escribió:
I'm hoping that someone...
Forum: Soaring April 8th 20, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Gliding in quarantine video

A friend of mine made this great stop motion video.
In Argentina we are in total lock down so he had plenty of time to do it.

Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/l9eL9dBTXtw
Forum: Soaring March 7th 20, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Mini-Winch for FES

Actually, that is not the worst of the ideas. Safer than other ideas for sure.
Mixed with the idea of the compound pulley and truck the hole does not need to be too deep
Forum: Soaring March 6th 20, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
ASW 27 / ASG 29 fuselage water tank

As always.

Thanks Hank!!
Forum: Soaring March 6th 20, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
ASW 27 / ASG 29 fuselage water tank

Hi,

Does anyone has pictures/measurements/Cads of the 27/29 fuselage water ballast tank?

I need it to design a battery pack that will go in the same space.

Regards.
Forum: Soaring March 3rd 20, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Grasshopper SSA presentation slides

Hello,

Some of you asked to upload the presentation slides.

I've removed the bad jokes and added some notes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tfzv7RQ6418Z8EjZR7Q4yUh8lw8PEWmQ

Here are two...
Forum: Soaring February 23rd 20, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Possible to convert Ventus Ct to Cm?

For me, of course, all the problems solves with electric motors. Is not the final solution, but is a solution.
If you don't mind much about the range reduction, you can migrate to an electric system....
Forum: Soaring January 28th 20, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Future of aviation, or flash in the pan??

El martes, 28 de enero de 2020, 15:02:36 (UTC-3), Dan Marotta escribió:
An interesting question.* How does the mass of the batteries compare to
that of water?* In my old LS-6a the water was...
Forum: Soaring January 27th 20, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Future of aviation, or flash in the pan??

If you step by the SSA convention you will see one ;)
Forum: Soaring January 26th 20, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Future of aviation, or flash in the pan??

When you have so much battery capacity. You have a lot power to spare (discharging or charging). If they use the full capacity in two hours without counting the reserve the rate of discharge is 0,5C....
Forum: Soaring December 31st 19, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
PU Paint + Electric motor

El martes, 31 de diciembre de 2019, 12:59:54 (UTC-3), Mike N. escribió:
Fast extract and retract times.
How many Watts are you pulling at full power?
Current draw / battery voltage?

This is...
Forum: Soaring December 31st 19, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
PU Paint + Electric motor

El martes, 31 de diciembre de 2019, 12:48:15 (UTC-3), Eric Greenwell escribió:
Emir Sherbi wrote on 12/31/2019 5:36 AM:
Hi,

https://youtu.be/E5qZa0AkuWc

This is a video...
Forum: Soaring December 31st 19, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
PU Paint + Electric motor

Hi,

https://youtu.be/E5qZa0AkuWc

This is a video update. We are starting with ground tests.

Regards
Forum: Soaring December 24th 19, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
PU Paint + Electric motor

Thank you very much for your review and comments.

Customs in Argentina are better than before, that's for sure. Now there are more clear rules about temporary importation to add value to a product...
Forum: Soaring December 24th 19, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
PU Paint + Electric motor

Hi everyone.

I was thinking ways to make my business model work and make it more appealing for customers. Travelling to the US to make each modification may not be much cost effective. Reading a lot...
Forum: Soaring November 15th 19, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
In flight phone/camera charging

I had a lot of noise issues with the USB ports. Some of them work, others not. The most practical was to carry a portable powerbank, but is another thing that you have to remember to charge....
Forum: Soaring October 22nd 19, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Sad news WH

Very sad.
Bill was my mail gliding friend from U.S.
He were always asking how my wife and newborn was.
Also, he was he person who pushed me to show my project in the SSA convention an booked himself...
Forum: Soaring October 10th 19, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Argentina Soaring Sites

If you want to combine with touristic sites in patagonia, go to the link of "centro nacional de vuelo a vela de montaña" (perlan project flights area) and "club de planeadores bariloche". Mendoza is...
Forum: Soaring August 6th 19, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
fes ot jet (pros and cons)

El lunes, 5 de agosto de 2019, 19:10:09 (UTC-3), Steve Koerner escribió:
I'm sure there's a lot more pros and cons...

Another consideration would be fueling and defueling a jet. That's...
Forum: Soaring June 28th 19, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Electric self launching system update

Matt,

Thanks for your support.
The battery pack is designed to be inside of the wings. So you will be adding 20-25kg to the non lifting components only.
If your glider is registered as experimental...
Forum: Soaring June 6th 19, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Electric self launching system update

New update v*deo:

https://youtu.be/a63rowfxEJo
Forum: Soaring April 10th 19, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Emir Sherbi
Upgrading glider interior

Deluxe by gagula is the best. Ask if he has the patterns for your grob.