Search: Posts made by: Jose[_1_]
Forum: Piloting January 10th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Jose[_1_]
FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

Your headset is still downloading into my replicator. I take it you PayPal-ed me the fee?

No, I sent you a crisp ten dollar bill as an attachment. I know you're
not supposed to send cash...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 10th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Jose[_1_]
FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

Your headset is still downloading into my replicator. I take it you PayPal-ed me the fee?

No, I sent you a crisp ten dollar bill as an attachment. I know you're
not supposed to send cash...
Forum: Piloting January 10th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Jose[_1_]
FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

With User Fee's and the right arrangement (significantly different than we
have now), we have much more control over the next generations ATC system
development.

How do you figure? With...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 10th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Jose[_1_]
FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

With User Fee's and the right arrangement (significantly different than we
have now), we have much more control over the next generations ATC system
development.

How do you figure? With...
Forum: Piloting January 10th 07, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Can Aircraft Be Far Behind?

Consider that a Cessna 150 can fly for perhaps 3 hours, at 75% power. To
get the equivalent range with batteries would require about 3,000 lb. of
batteries, which would be totally...
Forum: Piloting January 9th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
What does flying mean?

So, you are "flying" or controlling the entire horizontal tail surface.

Ok, that's my first hint at the meaning of "flying" in that context.
Controlling.

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
for...

With the fuel switch set on sump only instead of sump and
aft our intrepid aviator would have known when it was time of head for the
barn.

I'm not sure what this means.

Jose
--
He who...
Forum: Piloting January 9th 07, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Jose[_1_]
FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

Please send all working ANR headsets, along with a modest $10/set disposal fee, to me for recycling.

I've Emailed my headset to you. Could you send me a receipt for tax
purposes?

Jose
--
He...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 9th 07, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Jose[_1_]
FAA paper Noise Attenuation Properties of Noise-Canceling Headsets

Please send all working ANR headsets, along with a modest $10/set disposal fee, to me for recycling.

I've Emailed my headset to you. Could you send me a receipt for tax
purposes?

Jose
--
He...
Forum: Piloting January 9th 07, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
CFIS Airspace and Speed restrictions

or are otherwise authorized to
conduct operations in this airspace and at these airports

The way I read it, so long as you are qualified to give instruction,
then if =you= can operate...
Forum: Piloting January 9th 07, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
What does flying mean?

A flying tail means it isn't a separate stabilizer and elevator. The Cessna Cardinal has an all flying tail. I believe the Cherokees do also.

Thanks. This of course rasises the question of...
Forum: Piloting January 9th 07, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
What does flying mean?

Troll or real?

Real.

I've seen referencs to "such and such an aircraft has a flying tail". I
imagine it means "out of the slipstream", but it sound sort of dumb to
me. Is it more than...
Forum: Piloting January 9th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
What does flying mean?

In the context of aircraft said to have a "flying tail", what does
"flying" mean? I mean, if the tail isn't flying, neither is the
airplane, right?

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
for Email, make...

Get one now, just report your current certificate missing...

Nah. I'll just go for my commercial rating.

Actually I started that, stopped when the arrow I was using developed a
problem with...
Forum: Piloting January 9th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Plastic Pilot Certificates Mandatory in 2009

I wonder if we're going to be charged for these new licenses that are
now mandated.
I assume the same $2 they charge now.

What a racket. I wish I could pass some laws that force people to...
Forum: Piloting January 8th 07, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Plastic Pilot Certificates Mandatory in 2009

I wonder if anyone is still flying around on a certificate signed by
Orville.

I wonder if we're going to be charged for these new licenses that are
now mandated.

Jose
--
He who laughs,...
Forum: Piloting January 8th 07, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Absolute lowest altitude you can fly (legally)

The way I was taught: Fahrenheit sent his new thermometer with an
assistant to the far north to find the coldest temperature and mark the
thermometer at zero.

What I was taught (it may well be...
Forum: Piloting January 8th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Best Weather Appliction

I've had to cancel flights because of Meters. I'm gonna sign up right away!
Hobbes?

LOL. Actually Kelvin too. If I have to meter in Kelvin, it's too cold
to fly!

Jose
--
He who laughs,...
Forum: Piloting January 8th 07, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

All it does is relieve the pressure. If there were no trim at all the elevator would be in the exact same position, it would just suck to have to hold it there.

Well, not exactly, not on all...
Forum: Piloting January 8th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Best Weather Appliction

Yeah, I was just about to write off this package until I saw the
"fireball" infromation. That would be really valuable. I can't tell
you how many flights I've had to cancel due to those...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 8th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Implications of.....keeping the speed up

Nope. ATC does not overide the FAR's.

The FAR's what? (you probably meant plural, not posessive)

My statement doesn't require ATC to "override" the FARs. Rather, ATC's
authority to grant...
Forum: General Aviation January 8th 07, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Ground effect effectiveness

The efficiency of ground effect comes from replacing having to throw
air downwards, which costs energy (less energy the more air you throw
at a lesser speed, ie. long wings), with just hovering...
Forum: Piloting January 8th 07, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Ground effect effectiveness

The efficiency of ground effect comes from replacing having to throw
air downwards, which costs energy (less energy the more air you throw
at a lesser speed, ie. long wings), with just hovering...
Forum: Piloting January 7th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Why does the shuttle throttle on ascent?

Yes, and it is also why the shedding foam can only do serious damage within
the lower atmosphere, as the drag cannot decelerate the chunks enough to
strike with enough force to do harm at...
Forum: Piloting January 7th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Jose[_1_]
Some caveats for people new to aviation and to this group

Well, yeah. But we tolerate Jay Honeck.

Hey! I don't see a smiley there!

You want it to be a joke that we tolerate Jay Honeck?

:) if you want it.

Jose