Next glider, ownership costs question? by flgliderpilot[_2_]
Low time pilot, 60hrs, have done some solo cross country flying but not a lot. Sold my 1-26E a few years ago (not by choice, business debt at the time). My first thought is to jump into another 1-26 or 1-34 for a number of reasons (safety and availability). I could land my 1-26 just about...
Cost to install a canopy? by Roger Worden
Our club is looking into a new canopy for a Grob 103 Twin Astir. We received an estimate from a well-known repair shop: $2,000 for the canopy and 50 hours of labor to install. I'm new to this field - I fly 'em, I don't fix 'em. But I'm having a hard time imagining what steps must be involved...
by Giaco Go to last post
22 594 Soaring
Repainting Wingtip by JB Gunner
The wingtip skid on my glider had become worn down and I didn't catch in time. I landed on a concrete runway. The under surface of the wingtip scrapped on the runway wearing off the paint. There seems to be no damage to the fiberglass just scratched gelcoat. The scrape is about two inches wide...
Hod Taylor by [email protected]
I just received word a couple of days ago that Hod Taylor passed on August 19, one day shy of his 97th birthday. Hod was a fixture around the old Black Forest Glider Port for many years until it closed, then became a permanent resident of the operations at Minden. I would like to gather some...
Monerai P Self Launching Sailplane by [email protected]
On Tuesday, August 18, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, marc silverman wrote: This is not a low time ship or anytime ship.It was not a succesful design..Thats why you don't see them flying.Don't buy it. Marc Silverman WV MIKEB1835 wrote: Can anyone give me some info about the Monerai P. ...
Yesterday 08:34 PM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
4 54 Soaring
FS: 4 Becker 4201 radios by Ross[_3_]
Selling 4 good Becker radios All in great shape Can be delivered with a connector if required Prices starting at $425. Discounts available if more than 1 is bought Free shipping
Yesterday 07:49 PM
by Ross[_3_] Go to last post
6 69 Soaring
Wanted Becker AR3201 schematic or non-functioning radio by Hartley Falbaum[_2_]
I have a Becker 3201 that won't power up. Looking to repair or replace the circuit board containing the battery. s/n 11,000 + Not worth sending to repair shop. I have replaced it with used 3201 but would like to have spare if possible. Thanks Hartley Falbaum hfalbaum at comcast dot net
Yesterday 04:19 PM
by Hartley Falbaum[_2_] Go to last post