Wanted Mechanical Vario by Geoff Minors
Looking for a reasonable priced mechanical vario, 80mm Diameter? I am located in Alberta but close to the Montana border for shipping. Let me know what you have.
Contest Class Development for Future Success - The Case fordeveloping the Handicapped Classes by [email protected]
Money is an easy scapegoat but not the root of the problem. Look around and see where people spend discretionary cash. Skiing, car racing, RVs, drones, computers, the list is long. People have the cash they choose to spend it elsewhere. If each club just ate the fees to scholarship a kid it would...
Updating FLARM F4/F5 without SD card slot by Senna Van den Bosch
Hi, I have an older FLARM in my glider and found some issues last weekend while flying. I'd like to update the firmware but I can't find any detailed guide to follow. So far I have found this...
Today 11:11 AM
by Senna Van den Bosch Go to last post
5 25 Soaring
Taurus glider for sale by [email protected]
In the Wings and Wheels classified ads there is listed a Taurus selflaunch glider for sale. Originally it was N797SD, sn 107T503LSA. Currently carrying a different N number and serial number, but it is the same glider. This Taurus was involved in a hangar fire about 4 years ago in Memphis, Tn. ...
Tost Lilliput brake question by Hartley Falbaum[_2_]
I am trying to improve the brakes on a Libelle 201B. I replaced the shoes and de-glazed the drum recently but not much help. I trued the drum on a mandrel in a 10" Clausing lathe. I mounted the backing plate and shoes on another mandrel, intending to true the shoes, but got readings that told me...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
10 56 Soaring
Open Cirrus O2 bottle size by Geoff Minors
Can anybody tell what size O2 bottle fits into a Open Cirrus? Thank you
Today 02:02 AM
by Geoff Minors Go to last post
0 13 Soaring
Glider Financing : Is Lea County State Bank still the only game in town? by ripacheco1967
Looking into buying a glider... I bought three aircraft in the past, the ones that have a fan strapped to the nose ;). I been looking at the financing options and they seem limited LCSB seems to be the "only" out there advertising for glider pilots. Rates are not that great though... is that the...
LS3A flap/aileron mixer by RV 6 Driver
I am doing an annual inspection on a LS3A and have some concerns regarding the flap/aileron mixer. Just wondering if anybody has any knowledge on proper rigging procedures for this. I have the maintenance manual but it does not address this issue. All I get out of the manual is the deflections...
Euro Championship by [email protected]
Kawa leading 18m class again in a Diana 3. Absolutely incredible
S80 vario decoupling by [email protected]
Is there any way to "decouple" the S80? That is, get it to display one MacCready setting for speed to fly while showing another (higher) MacCready setting for required altitude to destination? I don't see a way to do it but hopefully I'm missing something. I like the vario so much my willingness...
Implausible Time Records by Dan Marotta
For my last three flights I've been getting a message from OLC warning of implausible time records in the igc file.* Does anyone know what this means and what I might do to correct the problem? I've asked the question on the ClearNav forum but haven't gotten a reply yet. Here's a link to the...
by kinsell Go to last post