Forum: Piloting July 31st 12, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Hello? Any oldtimers around?

On Monday, July 30, 2012 1:05:29 PM UTC-5, Ricky wrote:

You haven't changed one bit in that decade. Herein lies your problem,

Mxsmanic. You claim to know a lot about aviation and flying, but...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules March 1st 11, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Recording flights

On Mar 1, 12:02*am, "Chris AKA (Dude)" wrote:
I would rather put the money
into flying than a $500 camera setup. Maybe after I have my ticket I
will sell off and upgrade...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 28th 11, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Recording flights

On Feb 27, 6:48*pm, "Brent" wrote:

I'm actually hoping to make some vids both to explain a lot of the things i
do and try and show people WHY I fly by general...
Forum: Piloting February 5th 11, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Pilot meets controller.... Videos

On Feb 5, 3:53*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:32*am, " wrote:

On Feb 4, 5:23*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Forum: Piloting February 4th 11, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Pilot meets controller.... Videos

On Feb 4, 5:23*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

I've yet to fly a plane where it's not there...

Then you never been in my Sundowner as it was NOT on top of the
panel.....
Forum: Piloting February 3rd 11, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Pilot meets controller.... Videos

On Feb 3, 12:02*pm, a wrote:

Gotta check pretty often, have had vac pump failures in actual IMC --
don't want to chase a spinning down gyro

It may be just bad luck, I...
Forum: Piloting February 2nd 11, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Pilot meets controller.... Videos

On Feb 2, 12:14*am, Jim Logajan wrote:

Pity the FAA doesn't have ATC trainees who aren't pilots have some flight
time in small planes so they can get the pilot's...
Forum: Piloting January 31st 11, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Pilot meets controller.... Videos

Seeing one thread actually about aviation, figure to toss this one in
the hat....

Received the following about 2 weeks ago via PM on You Tube.

This is XXXXX "Lisa" husband and was wanting to know...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 3rd 11, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
IMC and Cloud encounters - Videos

I have uploaded a series of videos that some may be interested in
viewing of my cloud and IMC encounters

Cloud and IMC encounters - 2005 - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Ok0126pfw

My...
Forum: Piloting January 3rd 11, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
IMC and Cloud Encounters - Videos

I have uploaded a series of videos that some may be interested in
viewing of my cloud and IMC encounters

Cloud and IMC encounters - 2005 - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Ok0126pfw

My...
Forum: Piloting October 15th 10, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
VFR flight through Houston Bravo - Video

On Oct 12, 4:28*pm, " wrote:

Return trip from Huntsville TX to Sugarland TX through Houston Bravo -
Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z8v6--OeWE

7 3/4...
Forum: Piloting October 12th 10, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
VFR flight through Houston Bravo - Video

VFR flight through Houston Bravo - Video

Flight with a friend from KSGR Sugarland TX to KUTS Huntsville TX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS0i_XDxlgU

Video includes both ATC and in plane...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 5th 10, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 5, 12:32*am, A Guy Called Tyketto
wrote:

* * * * What, that we throw documentation supporting our claims
directly at you, yet you don't refute them?

FAR /...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 5th 10, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 4, 5:06*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
DON'T BELIEVE ME, LOOK IT UP.
in part because I've already looked it up.

NO YOU DIDN'T
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 4th 10, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 4, 3:13*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
AIM..................

The AIM is not the FARs,

NO **** SHERLOCK.

BUT THE ABOVE REVELATION THAT AIM IS NOT...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 4th 10, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 4, 9:54*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

LET ME ASK YOU AGAIN, HOW MANY HOURS HAVE YOU SPENT IN BRAVO AS PIC IN
A REAL PLANE?????????

You don't have to be a PIC in a real...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 4th 10, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 4, 9:54*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

You don't have to be a PIC in a real plane to read and understand Federal air
regulations. *But if you are a PIC in a real plane, you had...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 4th 10, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 3, 2:57*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
WRONG.

Cite the supporting FAR.

NO!

LET ME ASK YOU AGAIN, HOW MANY HOURS HAVE YOU SPENT IN BRAVO AS PIC...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 3rd 10, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 3, 12:22*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

of flight. I don't need ATC's approval,
B.

WRONG. But that's ok, I'm not the delusional one here.

I fly the real world...... and gave...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 3rd 10, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 3, 1:49*am, A Guy Called Tyketto

What are the gaping holes in my reasoning? Tell me how ATC not
responding to your call gets you clearance into Class B, let alone in
it to 'do whatever...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 3rd 10, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 2, 5:43*pm, Mark Hansen wrote:

Please explain exactly
what he said can be done in B which you believe cannot.

I JUST DID. Let me repeat myself AGAIN so we are...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 2nd 10, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 2, 12:16*pm, Mark Hansen wrote:

You are clearly reading more into his statement than what's there.

No.... He said I can do what I want in Bravo. I cannot.

I...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 2nd 10, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 2, 9:56*am, Mark Hansen wrote:
On 10/2/2010 7:28 AM, wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:45 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

If you are...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 2nd 10, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 2, 1:45*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

If you are thinking Class B, you can do what you want in Class B, UNLESS ATC
tells you otherwise, and PROVIDED OF COURSE THAT YOU HAVE...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 2nd 10, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
VFR Practise Approaches

On Oct 2, 2:13*am, A Guy Called Tyketto

So if you are told to maintain a given altitude while in the
Bravo with your clearance to enter the Bravo, you will be no where
near

'you can do what...