Search: Posts made by: Jim N
Forum: Soaring June 9th 21, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

The FAA out of Boston, just recently, presented a webinar on this very thing. I believe it's available via YouTube

Jim
Forum: Soaring March 26th 21, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Accident in England

Here's an accident I haven't seen mentioned. The teenager is VERY lucky.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-56521537
Forum: Soaring December 16th 20, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Subaru 260 hp 2.4L turbo

I've got that, in a 2020 Outback Touring XT equipped with a factory hitch, and it works great. I really like the power it has.

Jim
3K
Forum: Soaring December 5th 20, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Ventus TN 349-42

I purchased a Wi-Fi endoscope to check things out and found no corrosion.
Forum: Soaring October 20th 20, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
The Apology

Try this:

http://ourdigitalmags.com/publication/?m=32960&i=667760&p=16

If anyone finds this old ad offensive they must be having a really hard time coping with day to day "stuff"

Jim
Forum: Soaring October 2nd 20, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Mecaplex Rail Screws?

I replaced mine with M3 8mm plastic ones available from Amazon

Jim Norem
3K
Forum: Soaring May 25th 20, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Cobra Trailer Keys

I ran into that problem with a EK500 key. The new one had a different cut pattern. So, I went hunting and found EMKA blanks at SteelCitySupply.com. Looking at their pictures I found a blank with...
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 20, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Magtape Xtra

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 10:45:04 AM UTC-6, Colin Roney wrote:
Can anybody suggest a suitable solvent for removing the adhesive.
So far i`ve used Acetone and it`s only 50% successful.

3M...
Forum: Soaring December 13th 19, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

Last year I needed a few things for my Ventus so I emailed M&H. No reply. I called both numbers. No answer so I left voicemails. No reply. I thought, this is nonsense and contacted Schempp-Hirth....
Forum: Soaring September 24th 17, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jim N
Removing oxidation from Cobra trailer trim rubber and plastic fenders

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 10:43:52 AM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
I have an older Cobra with rubber trim strip (bottom edge of trailer top),
originally nice shiny red, now a bit dark and...