Forum: Soaring January 18th 18, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How Many Clubs Still Have A 1-26?

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 9:41:22 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Folks, I'm doing an informal survey. How many of you are members of a club that still has a 1-26 in your club...
Forum: Soaring January 17th 18, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
More 3's?

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 4:13:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
With tried and true Ventus 3 and JS3, wonder how long before the ASG-33?

And maybe soon the 2-33B
Forum: Soaring January 7th 18, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Spot tracker renewal

Bastids did the same to me. Noticed the charge, called and they said yeah we have a record of you canceling back in August. They did refund my card, and said I was really canceled this time. We'll...
Forum: Soaring January 5th 18, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New Racing Class

The FAI weighed in, they said a KA-6 class is a swell idea. Provided all the KA-6s are first fitted with FES.
Forum: Soaring December 28th 17, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Death of the 13.5m class?

Sailing eh? The sailors complain that every new class is more $ and smaller fleets. Sailors maintain that the foiling boats have done nothing for increasing sailing participation. If that new...
Forum: Soaring December 28th 17, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
The Reformed Smoker Challenge

By a few... you mean once? And it only took 63 years of dedicated discipleship for it to happen!

Twice. ...
Forum: Soaring December 27th 17, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New Ventus M Flies !

Lovely. Imagine the intermittent engine run records that could be set with that glider.
Forum: Soaring December 25th 17, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Death of the 13.5m class?

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 12:36:43 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
No one is suggesting a change to the soaring world record rules...

Not yet.
Forum: Soaring December 25th 17, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Death of the 13.5m class?

New rules are what I'd imagine racing touring motor gliders would be, hero pilots only.
And motor laden pilots say having an engine doesn't change anything lolz. With intermittent motor runs...
Forum: Soaring December 24th 17, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Death of the 13.5m class?

There is a war against landing out. Or at least creeping cultural change against landing out. Remember kids if you let land outs slip from being a normal thing they will eventually be forbidden.
Forum: Soaring December 18th 17, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Multiple varios

GA VSI's generally lag @ 8 seconds
On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 8:20:27 AM UTC-5, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 2:46:48 PM UTC+3, Rhubarb wrote:
I guess you may be able...
Forum: Soaring December 6th 17, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring Schools

Unfortunately driving is a big a part of soaring.
Forum: Soaring December 3rd 17, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Seminole Lake Owner Arrested

On Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 12:23:10 AM UTC-5, Santiago Lopez wrote:
"After seeing worldwide news of criminals such as ... (Insert name of favorite villain, Lopez, Trump, Flynn, Pelosi, Clinton,...
Forum: Soaring December 3rd 17, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Seminole Lake Owner Arrested

On Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 8:53:16 PM UTC-5, Santiago Lopez wrote:
Child to mother: My brother did that too, why don't you punish him too?
I keep repeating, this is not the place to discuss...
Forum: Soaring December 2nd 17, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Seminole Lake Owner Arrested

Maybe Kate would have become a glider pilot if her life hadn't been taken by an illegal criminal alien. Illegal immigrants are not good for soaring and are not good for America. Use your talents to...
Forum: Soaring November 30th 17, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vintage Pfieffer trailers?

If replacement VW locks are cheap drill out the old lock. Drilling is the easiest way to open locks without collateral damage. Might be cheaper than going through a locksmith and fussing with the...
Forum: Soaring November 14th 17, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Six gliders stolen - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub - gliding club in Denmark

What is the real estate situation with the airfield? If there wasn't a pesky soaring club with a lease would the land be free to be something more profitable? Any Farmer Mcnasty neighbors that...
Forum: Soaring November 9th 17, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
The US Team selection process in future years

SSA(all members or all racers?) elects a coach. Coach picks the team. If the coach picks all his buddies and they get trounced, we pick a new coach. Pro sports teams are put together by a human...
Forum: Soaring November 9th 17, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Train Wreck

Decorum aside there is enough BS to suspect Sean might be right. I say for the next round of selection we let Sean pick the whole team. What's the worst that could happen, we lose to the Europeans...
Forum: Soaring November 9th 17, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Train Wreck

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:19:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are some serious mental issues on display here.

Yeah and everyone who posts in this thread, no matter the...
Forum: Soaring November 7th 17, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
The US Team selection process in future years

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 3:53:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
"Just tell me what you want."

If you are drawing from the pool of pilots that have the resources to play with cutting...
Forum: Soaring November 7th 17, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
The US Team selection process in future years

Hold the WGC in America. Make the Europeans take a boat.
Forum: Soaring November 5th 17, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Train Wreck

I dislike most hobby organizations but I have to give the SSA credit they do a great job. Especially considering their resources. There is a lot of little things they have gotten done with the FAA...
Forum: Soaring November 2nd 17, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Train Wreck

Since Sean isn't going can I have his slot? And Sean since you won't need it at the time, and mine isn't fully competitive in 15M, can I borrow your glider for the race?
Forum: Soaring October 29th 17, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MKIV Yaw String - the change, and a free offer

MK IV question does the pointy end go forward(towards the nose) or the rounded edge?