INSURANCE, WHAT CAN WE EXPECT by Bob Youngblood
Recent tragedies will certainly bring insurance rates and coverage into the spotlight once again. IMHO things will change not only in cost but coverage as well. Underwriters cannot continue to pay out high amounts for such a small population of their overall policies. I foresee changes coming to...
Today 12:38 PM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
6 33 Soaring
Vertica V1 portrait mode by Janos Bauer[_2_]
I try to reactivate an old Vertica V1 PNA, but this time installed in portrait mode. I checked the Postfrontal forum, but the needed files are not available anymore :( Is there anyone who still owns some utilities to change landscape mode to portrait? Thanks a lot for your help, I can offer some...
Today 10:56 AM
by Janos Bauer[_2_] Go to last post
0 6 Soaring
Js3 jet catastrophic failure. by Charlie Quebec
In the last east issue of Gliding Australia there is an incident report shown below. During the course of a cross country flight, the pilot elected to start the jet sustainer to self retrieve. The engine started normally, and the pilot tracked for the home airflield The engine failed...
by rianmonnahan Go to last post
104 2,113 Soaring
How accurate are the OLC AGL traces? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Like most pilots who log flights on the OLC I watch the daily flights and I like to see whats going on out in the wild blue today. Question: How accurate are the AGL statistics at the bottom of the traces? Today for instance, There was a pilot of of Ely who got within 59 meters of the terrain and...
OLC comment, MOP logging deactivated by [email protected]
Good day all, before the season start I downloaded the Flarm verion 6.83 and it installed ok. We just started flying and my declaration is in light grey as the OLC system decla Autocomment: Used Aircraft is FES glider, but MOP logging deactivated. I looked in my flarm info and the licences...
by Luka Žnidaršič[_2_] Go to last post
37 226 Soaring
Lindner seeking life extension to 16,000 hrs for Grob? by Christopher Schrader[_2_]
Does anyone know whether Lindner is actively seeking a life extension inspection procedure for the Grob 103 to extend its life to 16,000 hours? - Chris Schrader
Today 06:06 AM
by Eric Munk Go to last post
2 21 Soaring
Ventus performance comparison by [email protected]
What differences are found between the Ventus C 17.6 and the Ventus 2bx?
Today 04:09 AM
by Tim Taylor Go to last post
1 15 Soaring
Spot X by Jonathan St. Cloud
I am aware of the reviews on Garmin vs Spot. But was wondering if anyone has real world experience soaring with the Spot X and what are their thoughts of the Spot X? Thank you
Today 02:53 AM
by Tom BravoMike Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
2 Attachment(s) Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20 by Paul Agnew
Very sad to read this tragic news this morning. http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2020/05/bellanca-8gcbc-scout-n4116y-fatal.html?m=1 Comments (anonymous) on the webpage indicate kiting may have been a significant factor. Sincere condolences to the family of the tow pilot and to the members of the...
by Delta8 Go to last post
229 1,729 Soaring
Tow Pilots and CFIG Wanted at Sandhill Soaring Club (Michigan) by Christopher Schrader[_2_]
Volunteer Tow-pilots and CFIG wanted to join Sandhill Soaring Club, a 501(c)(3) not profit gliding club located in Gregory, Michigan, about 30 mins from Ann Arbor, Lansing, and western portions of Greater Metro Detroit. Fleet: (1) SGS-233; (1) ASK-13; (2) Grob 103 Twin II; (1) DG-505; (1) Open...
by MNLou Go to last post
20 51 Soaring
Andean condor birds 'flap wings just 1% of the time' by Ron Gleason
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53400876
Yesterday 11:42 PM
by Mike the Strike Go to last post
1 30 Soaring
27 crash at Ely? by Waveguru
Does anyone know if a 27 crashed in Ely recently? Boggs
by MNLou Go to last post
21 105 Soaring
PowerMouse in certified glider by soaringjac
Can the PowerMouse be installed in a standard certificated glider?
Yesterday 06:45 PM
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
1 17 Soaring
Quick Rescue by Jock Proudfoot
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/pilot-rescued-after-glider-crashes-in- mountainous-terrain-near-invermere-b-c-1.5022279
Yesterday 05:40 PM