Cheaper tows? by Tony[_5_]
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/07/cng-airplane/ could be perfect for a club towplane since we fuel up at the club field 99.9% of the time.
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
26 403 Soaring
FS: Schempp-Hirth Mini-Nimbus C by Rick Fuller[_3_]
1978 Schempp-Hirth Mini-Nimbus C (carbon fiber). 1029 hours. Experimental category, condition inspection July 2018, no damage history, new tinted canopy, winglets, L/D 41:1. Flap/dive brake interconnect. Instruments include vertical compass, Cambridge vario, Winter vario, Winter ASI, turn and...
Today 04:44 AM
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
1 19 Soaring
How does an aerotow rope break in two places? by son_of_flubber
True story. A couple years ago I ran the wing for a glider that aerotowed into rotor. The rope broke. Both aircraft and both tost rings made it back to the airfield. The rope broke at both ends. How is that even possible?
Yesterday 09:46 PM
by James Metcalfe Go to last post
6 27 Soaring
ASW-19 Maximum Weight by Ouroboros
Hello. I'm looking for a sailplane with my partner and we've come across a very nice ASW-19 that we are interested in. The aircraft has a maximum pilot weight of 196 pounds, which my partner just barely squeaks under with a parachute and will probably be over with drinking water and any other...
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
18 77 Soaring
Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage by Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
Pictures and process for refinishing a ventus b fuselage. Work in progress pictures and process as work is completed. http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm Richard www.craggyaero.com
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
24 134 Soaring
Michigan Ohio Indiana Pilots Rent DG-505 in Florida by [email protected]
Michigan, Indiana, Ohio Glider Pilots: Sandhill Soaring Club is considering making its DG-505 (N505DS) available for rent to club members for $50/hour in sunny Florida from December through end of March at Seminole Lake Gliderport. Pilots would need to be checked out in Michigan before...
Something NEW: Bell Demonstrates Distributed Propulsion Aircraft by Larry Dighera
A "quad-copter" design with a wing! I would expect this design philosophy to provide higher speeds and reduced energy consumption compared to wingless types. ...
Yesterday 02:56 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
1 238 Piloting