Search: Posts made by: Ed Downham[_2_]
Forum: Soaring August 8th 08, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ed Downham[_2_]
Zander 940/941 or ZS-1 Flight Computers???

At 19:03 07 August 2008, Tim wrote:
Hello All:

I've got a couple of questions regarding Zander flight computers. If
anyone has any insight (good or bad) I would appreciate it.

1) Are there...
Forum: Soaring August 4th 08, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ed Downham[_2_]
canopy tint

At 03:58 03 August 2008, wrote:

Here is a pair of the dark gray canopies made by Ray Poquette of
Thermotec. He made them for one of my Grob 103s about a month...
Forum: Soaring August 4th 08, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ed Downham[_2_]
Leading Turns With Rudder

At 15:26 01 August 2008, toad wrote:
On Jul 31, 6:59 am, "user" wrote:

Slewing the nose before banking... every time you turn?

"Leading with the rudder" does NOT equal "Slewing the nose...
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 08, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ed Downham[_2_]
canopy tint

At 14:05 01 August 2008, sisu1a wrote:
On Aug 1, 5:55 am, Ed Downham wrote:
Having flown with a variety of tinted/non-tinted canopies, I would say
that
on an average soaring day they seem to...
Forum: Soaring August 1st 08, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ed Downham[_2_]
canopy tint

Having flown with a variety of tinted/non-tinted canopies, I would say that
on an average soaring day they seem to make very little difference to
vision and/or heating. In very low light levels...