Soaring Near Barcelona by GeneReinecke
Have a short trip to Barcelona next month. Might have a day to be a soaring tourist. Has anybody gone soaring at any of the glider airports nearby? If so, could you forward contacts, experience, etc. to my e mail: generein at AY Oh EL. thanks. Gene
Today 03:23 AM
by GeneReinecke Go to last post
0 4 Soaring
FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA 🇺🇸 Orlando by Sean Fidler
SGP USA begins today at Seminole Lake Gliderport near Orlando, Florida. Website: www.sgp.aero/usa2017 Live tracking: http://www.sgp.aero/usa2017/race-coverage/race-tracking.aspx?contestID=28476 Facebook: @FAISailplaneGrandPrixUSA Yesterday's practice race results: ...
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
17 101 Soaring
gerhlein style winch engine for sale. by Scott Williams
A few years ago I began gathering up a Chevrolet big block engine to build a winch. My plans have changed to flying more and building stuff less. I have a 1966 Chevrolet chevelle 360 hp 396 big block engine for sale. The cam is changed to a mercury marine 330 hp hydraulic roller, the rockers are...
Yesterday 11:53 PM
by Scott Williams Go to last post
0 14 Soaring
Wanted: Wing "Cuffs" by Thomas Johnson[_3_]
It is a long shot, but I am looking for a set of wing "cuffs". 30 years ago I owned a ASW19 and a Minden trailer. There was a set of aluminum cuffs that slipped over each wing before you loaded it into the trailer. These cuffs slipped about 1/3 to 1/2 the way down the wing. Once the wing root...
Yesterday 11:48 PM
by Thomas Johnson[_3_] Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Canopy jetison not. by Jonathan St. Cloud
Thought I would share an interesting experience from this weekend flying rides. Most Sundays I fly rides at the local glider FBO. My last ride of the day was a former military air traffic controller. When giving her the safety briefing I clearly explained the jettison handle, and canopy release...
Yesterday 11:17 PM
by Don Johnstone[_4_] Go to last post
4 40 Soaring
ASW-15 F/S by [email protected]
I dropped my asking to $11,500 - just in time for the season! See W&W page 6.
0 7 Soaring
I want to build a tiger moth by [email protected]
On Sunday, September 21, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Tom Mc Keon wrote: If I was interested in building a replica "de Havilland Tiger Moth" not necessarily an exact replica, just the general shape, etc. Where could I get plans? I would consider other models of open cockpit biplane too.
0 8 Home Built
Air scoop popping open at high speed by Matt Herron Jr.
This weekend I did a high speed run to test some new seals I had installed on the rudder for vibration. VNE is 147 Kts in the Ventus, and so I only took it up to 130 kts IAS (yes I was only at 2000 ft MSL, so altitude was not a factor). At that speed the air scoop on the sliding canopy window...
by MNLou Go to last post
10 49 Soaring
Issues with Dell Streak by Wade G
Since I have been unable to get access to the XCSoar forum thus far, I thought I'd go ahead and post my questions here. I just got a used Dell Streak 5 that was previously an AT&T one. It appears it is Android 1.6 and seems to be functioning fine. I attempted to install XCSoar using wifi. I first...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
20 131 Soaring
Region 5 North Facebook by [email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/Region-5-North-Contest-1777855355865132/ All aboard SSA contest managers! Hope you will follow suit and create a Facebook page for your contest too. Great job Rhonda and Al Tyler; they have created an beautiful Facebook page with the express intent of keeping those...
Yesterday 03:58 PM
by Sean Fidler Go to last post