Pitot system - odd event by Del Jensen
On tow the other day the airspeed indicator jammed and the digital airspeed read about 20kts too high. When I got down the digital airspeed was 30kts with the glider stopped, and turning off the unit (S80) and re-initialing the tas read 30kts. Upon examination the diaphragm was found to be...
Landing with reduced airbrake by Richard McLean[_2_]
Hi guys, Our club is having a discussion about the merits of reducing airbrake on short final (well before the flare) in order to reduce the rate of descent on the last part of finals - in particular after using full airbrake to correct an overshoot i.e. you are still overshooting but reduce...
by Richard McLean[_2_] Go to last post
36 204 Soaring
Flarmnet by Karl Kunz[_2_]
Tried to log on to the Flarmnet site and got the following message: "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /files/lxfile.php on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe" Anyone else have this problem?
Today 03:32 AM
by kinsell Go to last post
2 15 Soaring
Flying in Europe by [email protected]
Which countries will allow a US Glider rated pilot to fly solo without additional paperwork? Thanks In Advance -Howie
Today 02:23 AM
by b[email protected] Go to last post
8 47 Soaring
Durango, CO by [email protected]
Is the glider port still active in Durango Colorado? Asking for someone traveling through there next month who wants to get a ride
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
16 83 Soaring
GliderLink - New team soaring app for airborne location sharing by [email protected]
I'm excited to announce a new soaring app I've developed called GliderLink. The app shows your location and the location of nearby gliders on a moving map. You can see the other gliders' callsign, relative altitude, heading, and vertical speed. That's about it right now; it's very simple. The value...
by Ben Hirashima Go to last post