Best Overall Motorglider available today? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I thought I'd start a new one. This topic came up over dinner a couple of weeks ago. When you add all the following into a pot and stir, whats the "Best" Say for Western Great Basin flying. I think it may be the Carat, but I don't know much about...
by 2G Go to last post
55 189 Soaring
Yellow Gorilla Headed To California by [email protected]
It is a pleasure knowing that the Yellow Gorilla is headed to Byron, California tomorrow morning. My beloved Pawnee will be wheels up in the morning, best of luck to a great bunch of people . Bob
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Kuykendall
At 23:55 05 April 2020, Gregg Ballou wrote: ...Yearly flu has a higher body count... Quick update: Some time in the next few days, US deaths from Covid-19 will exceed 200,000. That's in about 7.5 months since the first death reported in early February. --Bob K.
Refinishing ASW24 by [email protected]
I have been working on the horizontal stab and the two elevators for the past two weeks. I have never seen such difficult gel coat to remove. I am no rookie at gel coat, have done many boats and a bit of glider repair, but this is a beast to remove. It took me six full days to remove the gel coat...
Biden: Two hundred MILLION people have died... by 2G
....and EVERY SINGLE ONE is Trump's fault. Well, at least we have solved global warming. https://nypost.com/2020/09/21/biden-mistakenly-says-millions-have-died-from-covid-19-in-us/ And, NO, this is NOT Biden's first mistake involving numbers, as I have posted in the past.
Yesterday 11:28 PM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
3 27 Soaring
FES underpowered for 18m ship? by Mana
I just had a chat with a fellow pilot whose friend sold his LAK 17b FES because he was disappointed by the ability of the FES to gain altitude. The problem being that when applying sufficient power to gain altitude, the battery would get warm to the point where the controller shuts the motor down....
by waremark Go to last post
54 218 Soaring
Pulse Oximetry with new Apple Watch 6 by Dee[_2_]
Today Apple announced their new $400 Series 6 Apple Watch will have the ability to monitor blood O2 saturation levels (in addition to other medical features). Valuable medical info not only for pilots but for an early indication of pulmonary changes such as seen with COVID-19 infection. Not sure...
Yesterday 05:16 PM
by jp Go to last post
7 52 Soaring
Any AC-4/5 “Russia” owners out there? by Jim M[_2_]
I’m a new owner looking for some tips and tricks. Here’s a couple of questions for starters: -What breaks first, and how do I fix it before that happens? -Is there an easy way to replace the main wheel/brake with something better? -I have two pitot sources, why? Thanks! Jim
Yesterday 03:15 PM
by Jim M[_2_] Go to last post