Clubs Still Flying List by [email protected]
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and...
by GliderCZ Go to last post
42 89 Soaring
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27 by Bob Youngblood
What a surprise, just today my son brought me a great gift to fight off the flaming liberals at the gliderport. It is a Bulgarian AK47 with 2000 rounds of ammunition. Thank god that I raised this kid correctly, educated him and he achieved the status of a Structural Engineer, PE. He advised me to...
by John Foster Go to last post
21 30 Soaring
Air Display S (Butterfly Vario) Polar XML in English? by Dave Springford
Does an English version of the Polar XML file exist for the Butterfly Vario? I have the German version from page 43 of the manual that I can muddle through but it would certainly be easier in English. More specifically, I want to load the JS3-18m polar into the Butterfly, so if someone has...
Today 03:02 AM
by Jim Hogue Go to last post
3 31 Soaring
OLC uploading disabled? What does it mean? by Stephen Szikora
I just read this on the Naviter SeeYou page: The OLC team (gliding) has decided to disable the API for uploading flights directly from apps and devices to OLC. For this reason, we were forced to remove the functionality from SeeYou and Oudie / Oudie Live apps. Hoping that this is just a temporary...
Buying glider from an estate - maintenance logs not available by son_of_flubber
What do you do when the executor of an estate is willing but unable to provide the maintenance logs for a glider that you are trying to buy? Any other tips on buying a glider from an estate?
by Shaun Wheeler Go to last post
17 54 Soaring
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
TeamXC Soaring Condor flights upped to M, W, F, Sat by Bret Hess
Hi, we're doubling our group flights: Mon (9pm ET), Wed (8pm ET), Fri (9pm ET), Sat (5pm ET). See calendar on www.teamxc.us for the upcoming landscapes. We do a lot of OLC-type flying. We're not about racing, but are doing some multi-turnpoint tasks that can be flown together in...
Today 12:51 AM
by Bret Hess Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Trailer access calculation? by John McLaughlin
I want to bring my trailer home to do some maintenance while we're all grounded, but I'm not sure if I can access my house from the road. I have a 90deg bend to get around and then the second issue is a short, steep slope, which may ground the back of the trailer. So my question is, if I...
Are You Ashamed to Land Out? by [email protected]
Read the article regarding the diminishment of guys pursuing badges and a commonly held misconception that it takes greater than 30/1 to do xc, another thought came to mind. Namely, is there a stigma attached to landing out within the modern soaring community? Could this be a reason why guys are...
by Ventus_a Go to last post
26 105 Soaring
Damn you, COVID-19!!! by Steve Leonard[_2_]
Looking at winds, forecasts, satellite photos, it looks like it could have been a very good run east from Minden, Nevada or someplace near there. SSA Sailplane Tracker doesn't want to work for me right now, so I can't see if anyone is up anywhere. Ah, well. Light winds, 4-5K AGL cu near Wichita,...
Yesterday 10:00 PM
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
1 10 Soaring
Much Ado About Nothing by Dan Marotta
To lift a title from The Bard and, since there's not much else going on these days, and to give homage to Roseanne Roseannadana... What's all this nonsense I keep hearing about CG hooks? My first glider had a nose hook and it was easy to control on launch and tow.* All the rest had CG hooks...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
21 50 Soaring
Oudie gear warning? by [email protected]
Hey all - I just acquired an original Oudie and I have noticed a gear warning in the profile setup. Not mentioned in the manual and the previous 2 owners do not know about it. I have not noticed it trying to get my attention in the pattern either. I will ask Naviter next unless youze can fill me in.
Yesterday 08:57 PM
by Scott Williams[_2_] Go to last post
4 20 Soaring
Ventus2 Airworthiness Directive - flaperon drive by John McLaughlin
This instructions for this AD refer to a Feb 2020 Maintenance Manual amendment, in case an access hole has to be cut. Has anyone had sight of this amendment yet?
Yesterday 08:36 PM
by John McLaughlin Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Neo Winglets for LS6b and LS7 now available by [email protected]
Link to the German DG website: https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/dg-flugzeugbau-news/dg-flugzeugbau-service/60268
Yesterday 05:14 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post