Search: Posts made by: Tina
Forum: Piloting June 12th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Bertie 737 question

On Jun 12, 9:49 am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:02:25 -0700 (PDT), Tina
wrote:

In Elmira NY where I took two glider...
Forum: Piloting June 12th 08, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Dudley and his spammers

I agree there are people here who could be cited as references to the
DSM: I'm thinking a DSM for Dummies might be a best seller. I'm
working on the decision tree that will lead to the twig...
Forum: Piloting June 12th 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Dudley and his spammers

I think it's ok to use aviation technical language on an aviation
forum, but as a psychologist I hate to use our professional language
where those who don't understand it might not understand.

What...
Forum: Piloting June 12th 08, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

Yes, the time my son spent with canard aircraft brought out all sorts
of interesting information about canards and the history of trying to
scale up Rutan's original concept Beech Starship. ...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Bertie 737 question

On Jun 11, 11:30 am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:38:20 -0700 (PDT), Tina
wrote:

gets the wheels spinning...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 08, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Bertie 737 question

On Jun 11, 9:06 am, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
Viperdoc wrote:
Just landed yesterday in a British Air 73. Unlike American jets, didn't feel
any thrust reverse,...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 08, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Bertie 737 question

On Jun 11, 8:19 am, "Viperdoc" wrote:
Just landed yesterday in a British Air 73. Unlike American jets, didn't feel
any thrust reverse, just some pretty hefty...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Bertie 737 question

On Jun 11, 1:13 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Big John wrote :

Bertie

I flew four flightin the...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 08, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

On Jun 11, 12:45 am, Ron wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:24:39 -0700 (PDT), Tina
wrote:

Thanks again. My intelligent but ignorant guess is...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

Thanks again. My intelligent but ignorant guess is designing canards
so that they stall first should not take a genius, but there may be
traps I don't see. The world is safe, though, since I don't...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

On Jun 10, 1:09 pm, Tauno Voipio wrote:
Tina wrote:
One point about the lift fairy sitting on the tail I'd like to
understand is this -- actually a serious...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 08, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

One point about the lift fairy sitting on the tail I'd like to
understand is this -- actually a serious question. As I understand
it, nearly aways the tail is exerting a downward force, since...
Forum: Piloting June 10th 08, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

Lost and Found

Found:

To the village that has lost its idiot: we've found him.
Forum: Piloting June 9th 08, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

On Jun 9, 10:25 am, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
On Jun 9, 12:34 am, Tina wrote:

Le Chaud Lapin wrote wrote:

Spent...
Forum: Piloting June 9th 08, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

Le Chaud Lapin wrote wrote:

Spent 30 minutes at pool yesterday discussing with professional
metalworkers best way to weld a complex joint for important element of
Forum: Piloting June 9th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

On Jun 8, 7:06 pm, wrote:
On Jun 8, 3:39 pm, More_Flaps wrote:

On Jun 9, 9:24 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Forum: Piloting June 9th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

Tina, are you joining the mass exodus to pilots of america? they seem
to be a pretty friendly bunch, even welcoming an alien like me.
Terry
PPL Downunder

I have joined there with the...
Forum: Piloting June 8th 08, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

On Jun 8, 5:40 pm, terry wrote:
On Jun 8, 3:08 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

Hi All,

This post is primarily directed toward student pilots...
Forum: Piloting June 7th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Just a simple announcement for for students

You're telling us there's a newsgroup where one need not speed read
over nonsense posts? What a concept.

See you there!

Tina

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Just a few lines to let you know that if for...
Forum: Piloting June 7th 08, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
negative dihedral

On Jun 6, 9:21 pm, "Blueskies" wrote:
"Blueskies" wrote in ...

"Tina"...
Forum: Piloting June 7th 08, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
negative dihedral

On Jun 6, 7:14 pm, "Blueskies" wrote:
"Tina" wrote in ...
Forum: Piloting June 6th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
negative dihedral

With all of the expert* pilots here, why would bombs on the top of the
wings be a problem? Go inverted, much better visibility toward the
ground then, right? Then release, they'll fall...
Forum: Piloting June 5th 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
Ram air

On Jun 4, 10:56 am, Big John wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:19:41 -0700 (PDT), "Ken S. Tucker"

wrote:
On Jun 2, 10:13 am, Tina...
Forum: Piloting June 5th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.2600,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Posted By Tina
Ram air

I always wondered if they cut his microphone off so they couldn't hear him
freaking out as the ground loomed nearer and nearer and nearer and then
screaming in terror/pain as he started to skim...
Forum: Piloting June 4th 08, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Tina
negative dihedral

On Jun 4, 2:15 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Tina wrote :

On Jun 4, 12:30 pm,...