Forum: Soaring August 18th 18, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

Man "Charlie Quibec " it seems you have nothing better to do than post negative crap on every topic on RAS, be it TFR's or v3vs js1. I think its about time you got off here and get a life or get...
Forum: Soaring August 15th 18, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for a Schweizer ballast box

Call K & L they will have one for you along with any other schweizer parts you may need
Forum: Soaring August 15th 18, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flying with Parachutes

Mercy sakes, we've beat this topic to death!

As for Krasn "grounding" any pilot who doesn't wear a chute, I guess that is a perfect example of why America is America, namely over here we believe in...
Forum: Soaring August 13th 18, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

Yep n go fly the 1-26 nationals, that will tell you if its the ship or the "nut" behind the stick.
Forum: Soaring August 8th 18, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for HP14 Plans

Does anyone out there have a set of hp14 plans gathering dust in some back corner of your garage or hangar? I could sure use them to help in a restoration project. I would buy them or pay to have...
Forum: Soaring August 8th 18, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

Make sure when your briefing the tuggie that you speaking the same language ie. KNOTS or MPH. There a fair difference between 60 mph and 60 knots. If the tuggie isnt on the same page with you, you...
Forum: Soaring August 6th 18, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Call to HP14 owners

Hi Bob,
I'm into the group and already digesting tons of valuable info reading the posts.
Thanks
Dan
Forum: Soaring August 6th 18, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Call to HP14 owners

I am looking at the same job as Ulrich in having to strip wings and fuselage. Instead of stripping I am looking at using my soda blaster as it will strip the paint while hopefully not remove the...
Forum: Soaring August 6th 18, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Call to HP14 owners

Uli the hp group looks to be pretty inactive. But as to the jet power adaptations, have you seen the 1-26 conversion that the Sanders did? I looked it over at the convention this year and talked...
Forum: Soaring August 6th 18, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Call to HP14 owners

I would post some pics but don't know how to get them uploaded onto this site.
Forum: Soaring August 6th 18, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Call to HP14 owners

Hi Uli I have a request in to join the yahoo hp group but waiting on administators approval. My bird is sn77 built in 1969. She spent most of her life in the Tehachapi/So CA area. She needs an...
Forum: Soaring August 5th 18, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Call to HP14 owners

I am in the process of restoring an HP14 and have lots of questions, anyone out here on RAS who owns and flies one of these wonderfull Schreder classics?

P.s. The one I am restoring flew in the...
Forum: Soaring March 11th 18, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
$75,000 2-33

The argument regarding flying a ratty 2-33 or flying a new glass ship is a fallacious one, it depends who you want to attract. If your after moneyed folks then yes the bells n whistles of a glass...
Forum: Soaring March 6th 18, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wanted Open Class Trailer

Hi Erik no, nothing came thru, I'll check my junk mail section, thats one place I didn't check yet.
Forum: Soaring March 5th 18, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wanted Open Class Trailer

Does not have to be enclosed
Forum: Soaring March 5th 18, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wanted Open Class Trailer

I've got to move a 17 meter ship and I'm looking for a trailer. Fitting and condition doesn't really matter as I can rebuild it if needed. If you have something that can accept 17 meter wings or know...
Forum: Soaring February 24th 18, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter

Just have a talk with any experienced crop duster, they can fill you in on all the intricacies of low level turning.
Forum: Soaring February 13th 18, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New pilot looking for glider to purchase.

Well Paul T, I've read all of Derricks written works, no doubt good info there, but when it comes to his opinion of flapped sailplanes, I'll go with others with just as much if not more experience...
Forum: Soaring February 2nd 18, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hard Deck

This has been an interesting and pretty civil discussion involving primarily two polar opposites, personal freedoms and restrictive structures. Thanks to everyone who has posted here without flares...
Forum: Soaring February 2nd 18, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tomorrow, 1/31/18.... NOVA special on solar impulse flight.....

Charlie just watched this for the second time. There are direct parallels with our hard deck discussions. The solar impulse team demonstrates the continual dicotemy between engineers/administrators...
Forum: Soaring January 27th 18, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hard Deck

.....PS: One of the experts mentioned above was the pilot that made a wee mistake
about which ridge was which in the above-linked article...

Dave I'd go easy on the naming of names here. You might...
Forum: Soaring January 27th 18, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hard Deck

, I'm landing NOW". Each step of each flight, think "Where's the next field, and how far can I go before I might not be able to reach it ?" This is pretty basic, but we haven't been flying this...
Forum: Soaring January 27th 18, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile

Cindy thank you so much for that post. I think its a wonderfull historical study of real life incidents and applications of rules or no rules or common sense decision making from the CM side of life....
Forum: Soaring January 27th 18, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile

That's alright, next they will require us to file flight plans :)
Forum: Soaring January 26th 18, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile

"Jonathan, the hard deck is not intended to get you home. It's intended to keep from having to compete with those who are willing to risk life and limb to win."

I surely don't understand this...