Search: Posts made by: A Lieberma
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 9th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
bad vectors, no hand off

Roger wrote in
:

In Actual: Ahhh... *** approach, this is XXX 20 North at 4,000. How
far do you want me to keep going...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 9th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
bad vectors, no hand off

"Wyatt Emmerich" wrote in
:

Controllers forgetting to hand you off to tower is a fairly common
problem in the IFR...
Forum: Piloting February 7th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberma
Visual coordination of turns revisited

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

I'm still in a bit of a quandry as to how to learn to make coordinated
turns in a PC simulator that does...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 6th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
"Rolling" to ATC

Tim wrote in :

You're kidding, right?

(simulating a laugh)

Based on his response to you, clearly never been near an airport :-)...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 2nd 07, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
IFR Checkride WX Questions

"kevmor" wrote in :

Should I know
every possible symbol for all those charts, or is getting a general
idea and then...
Forum: Owning February 1st 07, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
UPDATE Starter question

David Lesher wrote in
:

(There are two basic approaches to troubleshooting. One is to
methodically go step by step, testing as you...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 1st 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
The Lexington ATC was NOT doing traffic count after he cleared Comair 5191 for takeoff

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
:

"A Lieberma" wrote in message
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 1st 07, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
The Lexington ATC was NOT doing traffic count after he cleared Comair 5191 for takeoff

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
:

"A Lieberma" wrote in message
Forum: Owning February 1st 07, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
UPDATE Starter question

wrote in news:1170260453.042276.228590
@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

The OP mentioned turning off the radios and other stuff to try
to start. Radios should be...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 31st 07, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
Staying current/proficient

"JB" wrote in news:1170187529.474720.288000
@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

No
need to land and get a new clearance after each approach. You can log
3 approaches in a...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 31st 07, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
Visual STARs

"Jim Carter" wrote in news:001101c744de$5f791df0
[email protected]:

. Your continued aggravating comments and
total lack of cooperation with any of the guidance...
Forum: Owning January 31st 07, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
UPDATE Starter question

Don Tuite wrote in
:

Are we talking about a Piper?

If so, the "ammeter" is a "load" meter that reads...
Forum: Owning January 31st 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
UPDATE Starter question

David Lesher wrote in news:epoqih$kks$1
@reader2.panix.com:

The "no crank" you experienced means insufficent voltage at the
starter innards. Its cause could be:...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 31st 07, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
Staying current/proficient

Kevin Clarke wrote in news:f5Mvh.16320$pQ3.8
@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Check ride is right around the corner. I got signed off for the ride
today. So the currency...
Forum: Owning January 31st 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
UPDATE Starter question

A Lieberma wrote in
:

Update to the below posting.

My A&P pulled my plane in. Bear with me on this, but the bendex or...
Forum: Owning January 31st 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
Starter question

B A R R Y wrote in
:

A Lieberma wrote:

Am I having a bad run of starters, or should I be looking...
Forum: Owning January 31st 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
Starter question

"Ronnie" wrote in
:

Hey Ronnie,

Will post results in seperate post with an update subject line but to
answer...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 30th 07, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
Visual STARs

John Theune wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Mxsmanic wrote:

So clearly you can't believe anything you see here. Just go away.

The problem is there is a Mx...
Forum: Owning January 30th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
Starter question

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in
:

Check to make sure your engine is properly grounded to the airframe.
Sometimes you get a...
Forum: Owning January 30th 07, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
Starter question

Newps wrote in
:

What engine?

Lycoming AK4 360 in my 76 Beech Sundowner.

Allen
Forum: Owning January 30th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
Starter question

wrote in
:

Get a voltmeter and use the troubleshooting procedure outlined here...

Forum: Owning January 30th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
Starter question

Went flying today. Go to crank the engine for start, nothing. Turn the
key, got like a jiggle of the prop. Turn all electrical things off,
figuring the battery drained, and then started just the...
Forum: Owning January 30th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By A Lieberma
dirty oil

Nathan Young wrote in
:

Further, I don't notice my oil turning black until many hours after
the change. (Lyc O-360...
Forum: Piloting January 30th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberma
Procedure for calculating weight and balance

wrote in
:

It can be done in an airplane. Can
anyone do it in a simulator? Has it even been tried?

Heh, heh, waiting...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 30th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By A Lieberma
The Lexington ATC was NOT doing traffic count after he cleared Comair 5191 for takeoff

Newps wrote in
:

They don't give a release like that to a tower. That's FSS stuff
only.

FSS gives releases?????

I...