SkySight Tutorials by [email protected]
Hi all, I've put together some light entertainment in the form of SkySight tutorials to pass the time through your inevitable COVID-19 quarantines, or heaven forbid, preparation for the soaring season. You can find the playlist of videos...
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
Much Ado About Nothing by Dan Marotta
To lift a title from The Bard and, since there's not much else going on these days, and to give homage to Roseanne Roseannadana... What's all this nonsense I keep hearing about CG hooks? My first glider had a nose hook and it was easy to control on launch and tow.* All the rest had CG hooks...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
16 38 Soaring
Clubs Still Flying List by [email protected]
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and...
The Decline of Soaring Awards by John Foster
I read the recent article in Soaring and it has got me fired up. I have been a member of a small club in Washington State for the last 2 years, learning to fly. The club has a 2-33 and a Lark and a Pawnee. That's it. Badge flying has not been an emphasis, even though one qualifies for at...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
67 116 Soaring
Cambridge Flight Recorder GPS-NAV Model 20 & Display & Cables & Disks8/03 on Ebay for sale by [email protected]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cambridge-Flight-Recorder-GPS-NAV-Model-20-Display-Cables-Disks-8-03-Calib/202949800202 Is it worth $100 or more or less?? It works as it turns on like is is supposed to.
Do any of you recognize this missing person? He was perhaps a gliderenthusiast prior to 2003. by Joseph Calash
In 2004 a man was found dead in the "Flat Tops" area of Garfield County Colorado. I've been trying to help find his identity. Here's a link to him. https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/15487 The man left a hand written letter in a notebook with his last wishes written on it. Because...
Yesterday 03:11 PM
by Stephen Szikora Go to last post
9 66 Soaring
Apis motorglider by key
Does anyone have experience flying the Apis MC motorglider? What are its performance and handling like? Any problems to watch out for? Thanks, Key
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 05:54 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
15 2,378 Soaring
Are You Ashamed to Land Out? by [email protected]
Read the article regarding the diminishment of guys pursuing badges and a commonly held misconception that it takes greater than 30/1 to do xc, another thought came to mind. Namely, is there a stigma attached to landing out within the modern soaring community? Could this be a reason why guys are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Yesterday 04:25 AM
by George Haeh Go to last post
24 82 Soaring
Trouble in Paradise (Omarama) by Duster[_2_]
Notice from Gavin Wills: "Please note that all Glide Omarama services will be suspended from 15 April 2020. After 20 years of flying from the Omarama Airfield without a Trial Flight incident the Civil Aviation Authority of NZ requires GlideOmarama to re-certify its operations from being a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 04:00 AM
by Stephen Szikora Go to last post
43 258 Soaring
Monday Night Soaring by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, I have updated the Monday Night Soaring tasks for the next two Mondays. March 30th will still be in Slovenia (default scenery). April 6th will be in AA2 (Alps!) MNS is probably the longest lasting competition in Condor. It's been running continuously since late 2005. This is one of...
Yesterday 12:25 AM
by Paul Agnew Go to last post