Advice re. Nimbus 3 OR 4Dt? by John McLaughlin
I'm just coming back into gliding after a long time grounded and I'm looking to buy a glider over the winter. A two seater seems a nice idea and the Nimbus seems to be a lot of glider for the money. Are they in any way difficult or unpleasant to fly? I know there have been structural failures...
Today 01:13 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
1 2 Soaring
Final Day Uvalde by [email protected]
Final Day 15M/Open Class Nats: Mark Keene on todays weather. Cirrus to NW, sliding to SW. It could become in play later. Southern area for tasks. Thermals 3000/4000 feet at 1pm, but gets better as the afternoon progresses, again in the SW. Sky Site shows 4/5 knots about 12:30 and gets better...
by Auxvache Go to last post
10 29 Soaring
World-Wide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange by John Leibacher
Unfortunately, there are some issues with the primary site (soaringweb.org, and the mirror sites soaring.geichhorn.com, soaring.guenther-eichhorn.com, and soaring.gahsys.com), so their content may not be up-to-date, with a restoration of service probably not before the end of August ;-( However,...
Today 12:22 PM
by Karl Striedieck[_2_] Go to last post
2 25 Soaring
Silent Skies by [email protected]
I live in Great Meadows, NJ, about 4 miles northwest of Hackettstown Airport. This is a nice clear Saturday morning, and usually I would hear the occasional airplane engine as some SEL passes nearby, even once in a while the distinctive sound of a radial. But not today. And why? Because...
by 2G Go to last post
44 335 Soaring
What has become of Gliding International? by 2G
I subscribed to the digital edition at the first of the year. I received access to one issue. Then the next issue came out and I couldn't access it. I sent John an email asking for a resolution to my problem and got no response whatsoever. Since then there hasn't been any notice of another issue,...
Today 05:36 AM
by 2G Go to last post
5 92 Soaring
One man rigger wanted by Valentin Mayamsin
One man rigger wanted for my Jantar Std. 2 Thank you -Valentin
Today 02:00 AM
by Scott Williams Go to last post
2 13 Soaring
Flarm unit performance to OGN Ground station issue. by Glidingstuff[_2_]
Hi all I am wondering if any RF/Flarm wizards can help me. This is beyond my area of expertise/pay grade. I am having huge issues with a Flarm unit I installed in a parachute operation's drop plane here in New Zealand. Its a Cessna 185 and the unit is installed with 3 external aerials for Flarm...
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
18 46 Soaring
15M/Open Class Nats Final day by [email protected]
Final Day 15M/Open Class Nats: Mark Keene on todays weather. This is wx. we’ve been waiting for, but cirrus to NW, sliding to SW. It could become in play later. Southern area for tasks. Thermals 3000/4000 feet at 1pm, but gets better as the afternoon progresses, again in the SW. Sky Site...