Search: Posts made by: Linc
Forum: Rotorcraft July 25th 12, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Engine Out Operation

On Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:17:38 AM UTC-4, Charles Talleyrand wrote:
I'm curious. Can a Blackhawk, Chinook, or other large military
helicopter hover with one engine out? What is the...
Forum: Rotorcraft June 23rd 09, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
rotorcraft of course

On Jun 2, 10:57*am, "Stu Fields" wrote:
Anyone out there?

occasionally

Linc
Forum: Rotorcraft November 13th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Helicopters?

On Nov 8, 10:42*am, "Brien" wrote:
I agree. *It's sad to see this NG fall off the way it did. *I read for
quite a few years. *Not to feed into it, but maybe it has something...
Forum: Rotorcraft April 15th 07, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Wake for RAR

Micbloo

fh1100(dash)pilot(dot)blogspot(dot)com ---(anti spider)

He lives on an island out in the Caribbean, off the coast of Honduras,
now. So, the blog has things about the island life and not...
Forum: Rotorcraft April 14th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Wake for RAR

I guess that should say, "...he writes just as *well* as he ever did."

Mea culpa!

Linc

On Apr 13, 11:24 pm, "Linc" wrote:
snip

he writes just as good as he ever did!
Forum: Rotorcraft April 14th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Wake for RAR

Does Bob post on JH? I personally don't read JH, but I hear enough
about it. I follow Bob's blog, it's a lot more fun and exciting, and
he writes just as good as he ever did!

Linc

On Apr 11, 6:31...
Forum: Rotorcraft April 10th 07, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Wake for RAR

Hi, Micbloo!
I remember you.

601XL,

I've only been around Usenet for about 10 years. I obviously have no
clue, so you don't have to listen to me. I've only watched the death
of RAR for that last 10...
Forum: Rotorcraft April 8th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Wake for RAR

Google Groups is a relatively new feature/service, especially compared
to the heyday of RAR. And there are plenty who will argue the
"perfectly usable" nature of OE. What's more, the two do not...
Forum: Rotorcraft April 7th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Wake for RAR

The problem is that the newsgroup format requires a dedicated news
reader and a usenet server to pull the messages from. Back in the AOL
days (read: 1995-97), AOL provided this through the service...
Forum: Rotorcraft April 7th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
BELL 417

The 417 cancelation was announced at Heli-Expo 07: fact.
The Army issued a stop work notice to Bell requiring them to stop work
for 30 days and create a plan to restructure the program to get...
Forum: Rotorcraft March 19th 07, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Air Scooter

I found this:
http://www.airscooter.com/pages/airscooter_main.htm

Couldn't post a reply on the Super Skycycle thread.

Linc
Forum: Rotorcraft March 17th 07, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Dumb ass

Here, here.

Linc

On Feb 1, 5:52 pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
With any luck the clown who keeps posting his garbage re;Belfort will
fall off a cliff or something and quit...
Forum: Rotorcraft March 17th 07, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
I know almost nothing on helicopters...

You probably would encounter different issues. One would be the
downward pressure on the fin would require a different rigging of the
main rotor that would limit forward tilt and airspeed....
Forum: Rotorcraft January 19th 07, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Another post about helicopters

Helicopters doing what they're good at:
http://tinyurl.com/3drmc3
http://tinyurl.com/33x82w
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK0701/S00073.htm

--Linc
Forum: Rotorcraft December 29th 06, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Super Skycycle

I liked that one too, it's just questionable as to whether or not
they've actually built and certified that model. The more I look at
price, the more an autogyro for local cross-county purposes looks...
Forum: Rotorcraft December 26th 06, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Super Skycycle

boB,

It's gonna be a while. I have a few more years to go before I can put
that (Ret.) after all my information. I remember looking at a few that
were decent that I had somehow found through the...
Forum: Rotorcraft December 26th 06, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Flying in Germany ---------- Medivac

I'm spoiled then, (v)1 Types 5 & 6 with new image intensifiers were
incredible. And now the whole thing is better with the (v)3. 25mm
eyepiece lenses make it easy to make sure you get that full 40...
Forum: Rotorcraft December 25th 06, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Flying in Germany ---------- Medivac

boB,

Good stuff! We're underpowered again, thanks to all the armament and
the boxes to run it, but the engine is extremely reliable. I have never
had a serious engine issue (knock on wood) and I...
Forum: Rotorcraft December 24th 06, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Super Skycycle

boB,

When I'm done with my current flying gig, I'm getting into an autogyro.
Probably one of the more reputable ultralights, but it will be an
autogyro. I figure it will be more fun than a Harley....
Forum: Rotorcraft December 24th 06, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Dumb Question

Stefan Lörchner wrote:
But an interesting question is why nobody ever tried a supersonic rotor.
Maybe it's easier to fold or stop the rotor than to make it strong
enough and still efficient for...
Forum: Rotorcraft December 24th 06, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Medivac Safety of homebuild Helicopters

boB,

I would never bust on you for it, and anyone who would, "they should
hold their manhood cheap." I find it a prudent course of action and
like I said, if you have the tools to use, you handicap...
Forum: Rotorcraft December 23rd 06, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Medivac Safety of homebuild Helicopters

clear of clouds, 1 mile at night in Class G, unless the aircraft is
higher than 1200 feet AGL.

Especially with the new NVGs, I would personally choose to fly with the
NVGs down, even if I was told...
Forum: Rotorcraft November 26th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
Stuck Collective

I remember reading an article discussing how there were emergencies
that most emergency procedures don't cover because they are
statistically improbable of happening. This article...
Forum: Rotorcraft November 26th 06, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
To the R-22 buzzing Sea Cliff Golf Course

Videographer filming for a video brochure for the golf course or a
gated community, then? Or photographer for the same?

Stan is probably correct in his assumption that it was a joyrider. I'm
just...
Forum: Rotorcraft November 24th 06, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Linc
To the R-22 buzzing Sea Cliff Golf Course

Stan Switek wrote:
On 23 Nov 2006 05:59:55 -0800, "Linc" wrote:

Are they broadcasting a competition from that course, soon? They always
seem to show helicopter...