ASW-15 Impressions by [email protected]
For the guys here who are familiar with 1970’s soaring, have any of you owned an asw-15 and what were your impressions of them? I flew one once many many years ago but it was just an early morning 15 minute sleigh ride and I was a kid. I don’t know how I would fit now (6ft 1in, 190 lbs but...
Today 07:42 PM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
1 3 Soaring
FS 2 Icom handheld VHF Radios by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Posting for a friend FS: 2 Icom handhelds, good condition good batterys, chargers; $100 ea. Contact Eliot Brown ( eliotmayaair.com )
Today 07:36 PM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
3 14 Soaring
Soaring Not Dead Everywhere by [email protected]
Well soaring isn’t dead everywhere. Today we got 14 flights in, private ships, and all three of the 1-26’s and solo flights in the club blanik. Social distancing in order, wipe downs of the club birds and all had fun. We didn’t need any ventilators but we did get up close to 7,000ft, thats...
by George Haeh Go to last post
22 29 Soaring
Battery switching without tears by 2G
On one of my flights last year I had to switch between my avionics battery and engine battery when the avionics battery voltage dropped too low (I had left the master on after the last flight and could only partially charge the avionics battery before launching). The switch over seemed to go okay,...
by jfitch Go to last post
17 27 Soaring
Skysight Seeyou Mobile Oudie interface by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Hi Gents I've really been trying but I've come up against a wall Granted I'm a computer idiot, so please be patient and keep that note in mind. I've got a current Seeyou desktop version running I've got a current Skysight account running It looks like to me that you can try and load the days...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
11 37 Soaring
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27 by Bob Youngblood
What a surprise, just today my son brought me a great gift to fight off the flaming liberals at the gliderport. It is a Bulgarian AK47 with 2000 rounds of ammunition. Thank god that I raised this kid correctly, educated him and he achieved the status of a Structural Engineer, PE. He advised me to...
ASW 27 wing tip wheels by [email protected]
Does anyone have experience with wing tip wheels on an ASW 27 ? I am thinking about installing wing tip wheels on my ASW 27 (actually about 6-9 inches inboard of the wing tip). I was wondering if anyone has done this and how did it work for them. Did it change the handling characteristics? I am...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
13 466 Soaring
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
iGlide polars by Stephen Szikora
Can someone who uses iGlide please check to see if the polar for the SZD-51 Junior is included? Thanks.
Today 02:21 PM
by Stephen Szikora Go to last post
0 3 Soaring
Most Competitive Club Class Ship by [email protected]
Hello Guys, with the present handicaps, whats the most competitive ship for Club class competition? Does the Cirrus still have the edge? Dan
by Jim Hogue Go to last post
22 47 Soaring
Trailer access calculation? by John McLaughlin
I want to bring my trailer home to do some maintenance while we're all grounded, but I'm not sure if I can access my house from the road. I have a 90deg bend to get around and then the second issue is a short, steep slope, which may ground the back of the trailer. So my question is, if I...
Glider Fire Sale by [email protected]
Question for u guys. Do you think we are going to see a massive glider fire sale after this china virus deal subsides? I wonder if this crisis and its associated lack of flying opportunities is going to convince many of the non-die-hard guys to leave the sport and divest themselves of many good...
by George Haeh Go to last post
16 59 Soaring
How About Story Time by [email protected]
Maybe this is a good opportunity for some of us to share some stories of our experiences. I'll go first.- During the regional at Harris Hill in 2013 I was flying K21 with grandson Calvin Mampe, Rachel Conklin, and her sister Michelle. All 3 had flown multiple contests with me before, 2 having...
Seminole Lake Glider Port. by [email protected]
I wonder if someone made a low ball offer for SLGP right now how quickly Mihai would grab it? This could go on for some time to come, no one really knows. I assume that he was "not on the property" during the Seniors as advertised. I guess the excuse will be that the flight restrictions...
by Waveguru Go to last post