Affordable Oxygen by John Foster
I was given an older MH EDS unit to install in my Phoebus glider which I got for a song and am restoring. The glider has a bracket for the oxygen tank, but no tank is installed. The bottom is a rounded fiberglass cup, and there is a flip bracket to go around the neck. It sits behind the seat pan...
by Howard Banks Go to last post
19 52 Soaring
Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range by Jim Hogue
Any suggestions? Either currently available or coming in the near future (next year or so) would be ok, I am not in a rush. Prefer it would fit in one 57mm hole. I take care of navigation and tasks with other standalone devices (full on OpenVario with its own vario/STF sensor board, and a Kobo...
Oudie help by Dennis Cavagnaro
I’m going to another state to fly and I would like to see the airports around the area. How can I see their available airports near the airport i will be towing from? DC
Today 12:16 AM
by Dennis Cavagnaro Go to last post
3 11 Soaring
Lowest power tow by [email protected]
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An Examiner of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for an 85hp Luscombe to tow.
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
39 131 Soaring
Future of aviation, or flash in the pan?? by kinsell
The nine px Alice prototype suffered a setback in Arizona as a fire on the ground damaged the plane significantly, ahead of planned taxi tests. https://www.flightglobal.com/air-transport/eviation-alice-prototype-damaged-by-electric-fire-in-arizona/136327.article In other electrifying news, a...
Yesterday 09:07 PM
by Bob Kuykendall Go to last post
7 38 Soaring
Astir CS ballast weight by soaringjac
Does anyone have a photo they can post showing how the ballast weights get installed in the nose of the Astir CS? I just see two holes up there but not exactly sure what’s needed to install weights and how it should be setup
Yesterday 08:46 PM
by Juliet11[_2_] Go to last post
9 48 Soaring
Sailplane pilot who wandered across the Iron Curtain in the 1960's. by [email protected]
I didn't get to watch much TV as a kid, my dad made me sit in my room and read books with a dictionary and Thesaurus, hence my magnificant SAT verbal score, but I digress. I find Youtube to be quite entertaining, moreso than much of current crop of garbage on TV and in watching some old shows I...
by Colten Coughlin Go to last post
19 92 Soaring
AS 33 by Ross[_3_]
No K, no W, no H and no G, simply AS 33 https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/en/alexander-schleicher-presentsthe-as33/ Nice
by Colten Coughlin Go to last post
44 1,045 Soaring
Cross Country Glider Transportation by Bryan Wyatt
Hi All, Just wondering if I could get some ideas and recommendations regarding transporting a sailplane from Southern California to Georgia. Does anyone know of a service that specializes in this kind of thing? Thanks.
Help with LX7000 pro IGC by Dan Marotta
Hello All, I have been unable to load my LX7000 pro IGC which came in my new glider. I have a serial cable and a Windows Vista computer and have been able to establish contact between the two, but I have not been able to upload airspace or turnpoint files to the computer. I have sent the...
Yesterday 02:09 PM
by Martin DG100 Go to last post
3 315 Soaring
LET L33 Solo 1500hr Spars Cost? by Shaun Wheeler
Anybody in the US had this done recently? Curious what the expense was. Was talking with the FAA Small Aircraft Directorate about another aircraft and we touched on this model briefly. What was the cost and who did you have do it? I'd like to pick up something for this season while I'm working...
Yesterday 07:20 AM
by Shaun Wheeler Go to last post