Repainting Wingtip by JB Gunner
The wingtip skid on my glider had become worn down and I didn't catch in time. I landed on a concrete runway. The under surface of the wingtip scrapped on the runway wearing off the paint. There seems to be no damage to the fiberglass just scratched gelcoat. The scrape is about two inches wide...
Today 02:01 PM
by Ken Go to last post
3 22 Soaring
Dittel radio servicing by David Sherrill
Any recommendations for getting a Dittel FSG 71M serviced? Mine has a sticker on the side that reads "Replace Memory Battery 2005". The radio is working perfectly, but I want to get that battery out before it starts leaking. I have found owners manuals and schematics on the web, but nothing...
Today 11:08 AM
by rec.aviation.soaring Go to last post
5 32 Soaring
Next glider, ownership costs question? by flgliderpilot[_2_]
Low time pilot, 60hrs, have done some solo cross country flying but not a lot. Sold my 1-26E a few years ago (not by choice, business debt at the time). My first thought is to jump into another 1-26 or 1-34 for a number of reasons (safety and availability). I could land my 1-26 just about...
by krasw Go to last post
10 20 Soaring
Advice on returning to Soaring after over 20 years by Michael[_12_]
I am finally returning to Soaring after over 20 years, I earned a Private Glider rating in '91 and had @175 flights in 2-33/1-26 and a Private Power rating in '92 and 350hrs. My goal: Regain currency/proficiency and purchase a standard class non-flapped glider. Specifically I was looking for...
No guns? No problem. Air traffic controller arrested for allegedly possessing weapon of mass destruction. by David Fritz
A North Carolina air traffic controller with access to a control tower was arrested Friday for possessing, transporting and acquiring a weapon of mass destruction, police said. Paul George Dandan, 30, was booked along with his roommate, Derrick Fells, in Charlotte, local reports said. The...
Yesterday 11:48 PM
by Bradley K. Thurman Go to last post
1 16 General Aviation
737 vs glider by Ramy[_2_]
Anyone have more details about it? In particular, was the glider equipped with transponder? This is not good rep for us, but could have been worse....
by Dan Marotta Go to last post