Search: Posts made by: virtuPIC
Forum: Piloting September 2nd 08, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
acronym for passenger safety instruction?

Great, George! Now that I read it I remember it. This is exactly the
text I've ebeen looking for.

virtuPIC
--
Airspace V - international hangar flying!
http://www.airspace-v.com/ggadgets for tools &...
Posted By virtuPIC
acronym for passenger safety instruction?

Recently I came across an acronym to remember what to tell your
passengers before departure. Somehow I remember something like
'SAFETY' - but I cannot find the place where to look up the meaning...
Forum: General Aviation August 18th 08, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By virtuPIC
Radial V. Boxer engines

Why should they produce more engine torque? If power and rpm are the
same torque is, too. I think at the air race the _pilot_ is the limit
since he is the part of the plane with lowest acceleration...
Forum: General Aviation August 18th 08, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By virtuPIC
Autogiro as PAV?

Even worse, what about IFR? I've got no personal experience with
autogyros but I've been told of good chances of fatal mast bump in low-
G-conditions which you might encounter in...
Forum: Piloting May 9th 08, 09:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
Trans-Atlantic trip with missing panel

Uh! So the panel is carried without reason on regular flights? Imagine
how a plane could look like! ;-)

No air left the pressurized cabin through the whole? Even more
interesting that fuel was still...
Forum: Piloting May 8th 08, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
More UAVs to dodge.

Haven't there been UAV launches for decades? I mean weather balloons
every few hours from many locations worldwide.

virtuPIC
--
Airspace V - international hangar...
Forum: Piloting May 8th 08, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Why not have a look at http://www.airspace-v.com where you can find
METAR and TAF reports for many airports as well as Yahoo weather for
many locations worldwide. here you can also find NASA's MODIS...
Forum: Piloting May 6th 08, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
Favorite Airlines

Gulf Air. The hottest FAs ever to fly.- Hide quoted text -

I should try them, too. ;-)

But LH? What about Lufthansa? Flight Attendants look somwhat better
than I experienced with other airlines...
Forum: Piloting April 14th 08, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
Electric Motorglider Flies

* * *just right -- and with no fuel to burn, it can cut the cost of
* * *that hamburger down to about 60 cents. That's how much it costs
* * *to fully charge the lithium-polymer battery pack,...
Forum: Rotorcraft September 28th 07, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
UFO HeliThruster and IFR?

You might also want to ask yourself why
so many of the pictures show pilots wearing
helmets....

Yes, indeed. I've been wondering a long time...UFO claims they are
safe. And I can't imagine an...
Forum: Piloting September 28th 07, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
UFO HeliThruster and IFR?

You might also want to ask yourself why
so many of the pictures show pilots wearing
helmets....

Yes, indeed. I've been wondering a long time...UFO claims they are
safe. And I can't imagine an...
Forum: Piloting May 23rd 07, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
VLA outside U.S.?

I presume you mean "LSA," since there's no US "VLA" certification category.

ummm - sorry about the confusion, you are right. I meant LSA (Light
Sport Aircraft). Seems that I am dreaming of a VLJ...
Forum: General Aviation May 23rd 07, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
VLA outside U.S.?

I presume you mean "LSA," since there's no US "VLA" certification category.

ummm - sorry about the confusion, you are right. I meant LSA (Light
Sport Aircraft). Seems that I am dreaming of a VLJ...
Forum: Piloting May 23rd 07, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
VLA outside U.S.?

I presume you mean "LSA," since there's no US "VLA" certification category.

ummm - sorry about the confusion, you are right. I meant LSA (Light
Sport Aircraft). Seems that I am dreaming of a VLJ...
Forum: General Aviation May 23rd 07, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
[...]

Forum: General Aviation May 23rd 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
VLA outside U.S.?

I presume you mean "LSA," since there's no US "VLA" certification category.

ummm - sorry about the confusion, you are right. I meant LSA (Light
Sport Aircraft). Seems that I am dreaming of a VLJ...
Forum: Piloting May 23rd 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
[...]

Forum: General Aviation May 23rd 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By virtuPIC
VLA outside U.S.?

Hi there,

assume the following:

o FAA medical
o FAA private pilot certificate
o N-registered VLA

May I fly this constellation outside U.S.? Yes, I know that it's no
problem for 'regular' plane -...
Forum: Piloting May 23rd 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting