Search: Posts made by: Buck Murdock
Forum: Piloting February 25th 07, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Buck Murdock
Boarding with engines running

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
| PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.:
| FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=:
Forum: Piloting February 21st 07, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
That "no-GUMP" Scratching Sound

In article ,
Peter Clark wrote:

I'd have to go with failure. The gear horn was going off the whole
time,...
Forum: Piloting February 14th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
An Open Apology to R.A.P.

In article ,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

There are so many more truly annoying people -- here, and in the real
world -- that...
Forum: Piloting February 12th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Straight-ins at uncontrolled airports?

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

There's always the question of flight instruction, but the more I read about
flight instructors,...
Forum: Piloting February 6th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Federal Budget Is Out ..

In article ,
"Doug" wrote:

Bush term has run up more Federal deficit than any other president. We
are...
Forum: General Aviation February 3rd 07, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By Buck Murdock
Kiwi! Cool animation

Not sure if this got posted already, but this is a really neat
animation. And it IS aviation-related! Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 30th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Buck Murdock
False glideslopes -- NZ60

In article ,
wrote:

This is particularly interesting given that
the FAA no longer seems to require an outer marker or...
Forum: Piloting January 29th 07, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Beware travelers with bratty kids

In article ,
Judah wrote:

I was under the impression it was 2 and under.

It's "until the child has reached his second birthday." ...
Forum: Piloting January 22nd 07, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Are flight engineers qualified to fly?

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

In older aircraft that require flight engineers, are these flight
engineers qualified to fly the...
Forum: General Aviation January 22nd 07, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.activism.noise.pollution,alt.activism.noise-pollution,pa.environment,rec.aviation.misc,talk.environment
Posted By Buck Murdock
Aviation Conspiracy: Are Small Jet Crashes Increasing!!!

In article ,
"Bill Mulcahy" wrote:

Are Small Jet Crashes Increasing!!!

You are such a loon. And "no," to answer your...
Forum: Piloting January 12th 07, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
For all those who think flying on an airline is better than GA.

In article ,
vincent p. norris wrote:

Passengers do not FLY on the airlines. They RIDE. Only the pilot and
copilot FLY.

Thank you. ...
Forum: Piloting January 11th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Division of duties on an airliner

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/argument.htm
Monty Python's.... "Argument...
Forum: Piloting January 11th 07, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Division of duties on an airliner

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

I don't think anyone here has an answer, but I figured it wouldn't
hurt to try. I'm still...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 11th 07, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Buck Murdock
Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

In article ,
A Lieberma wrote:

Hopefully Continental will do the same tomorrow when I leave from HOU to
HNL :-)) as JAN...
Forum: Piloting January 11th 07, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

A Lieberma wrote:

Hopefully Continental will do the same tomorrow when I leave from HOU to
HNL :-)) as JAN...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 11th 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Buck Murdock
Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

In article ,
A Lieberma wrote:

Hmmm, aren't all electronics stowed below 10,000 feet.

PORTABLE electronics. If they shut...
Forum: Piloting January 11th 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

A Lieberma wrote:

Hmmm, aren't all electronics stowed below 10,000 feet.

PORTABLE electronics. If they shut...
Forum: Piloting January 10th 07, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Division of duties on an airliner

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

CRM does address it in the only way that can it can be answered.

CRM addresses the social...
Forum: Piloting January 10th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Division of duties on an airliner

In article ,
Buck Murdock wrote:

You'd be surprised. A pilot is typically paid for about 18 hours during
an average...
Forum: Piloting January 10th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Buck Murdock
Division of duties on an airliner

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

I don't think active flight crews have the free time to read/post.

They don't work any more...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 8th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Buck Murdock
Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

In article ,
B A R R Y wrote:

Yes. Which is why a full-motion simulator is not available for $69 at
CompUSA.
Forum: Piloting January 8th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

B A R R Y wrote:

Yes. Which is why a full-motion simulator is not available for $69 at
CompUSA.
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 7th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Buck Murdock
Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Sam Spade writes:

In those $10 million simulators it sure as Hell ain't windows.

I don't...
Forum: Piloting January 7th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Mxsmanic wrote:

Sam Spade writes:

In those $10 million simulators it sure as Hell ain't windows.

I don't...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 6th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Buck Murdock
Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Ross writes:

Nope, this was the real multi million $ American Airline simulator in
Ft....