Search: Posts made by: Ross
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 15th 09, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Ross
ILS approach KJAN 700 foot ceilings - Video

wrote:
Great day to touch a cloud so I figured to knock out a few approaches
yesterday.

Video includes my IFR briefing with approach plate overlays and the
entire descent...
Forum: Piloting December 14th 09, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Frozen Flaps

brian whatcott wrote:
I am still familiarizing with a newly acquired 150.
The other day I flew on a chilly evening just above freezing.
I applied flaps in the pattern, and when I landed, the...
Forum: Piloting December 9th 09, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

a wrote:
On Dec 9, 12:45 pm, Ross wrote:
brian whatcott wrote:
Ross wrote:
... there use to be the AMU. I think it
was aeronautical money unit. It equaled...
Forum: Piloting December 9th 09, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:40:06 -0600, brian whatcott
wrote:

In powerboat context..

"BOAT" means.

"Bring On Another Thousand"
Forum: Piloting December 9th 09, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

brian whatcott wrote:
Ross wrote:
... there use to be the AMU. I think it
was aeronautical money unit. It equaled $1000.00. Therefore your
$150.00 was only .150 AMU. Doesn't sound so...
Forum: Piloting December 7th 09, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

brian whatcott wrote:
a wrote:
...what did you figure to be the break
even point between renting and owning something like a C150? My
'indifference point" many years ago (my language for...
Forum: Owning December 7th 09, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

brian whatcott wrote:
Mike Ash wrote:

So far I do not regret my decision to purchase in the least. /snip/
Money wasn't a worry to me, but it's still something I thought about.
So far,...
Forum: Piloting December 7th 09, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

brian whatcott wrote:
Mike Ash wrote:

So far I do not regret my decision to purchase in the least. /snip/
Money wasn't a worry to me, but it's still something I thought about.
So far,...
Forum: Piloting December 7th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

Mark wrote:
On Dec 4, 3:49 pm, Mark Hansen wrote:
On 12/4/2009 10:39 AM, Mark wrote:

On Dec 4, 1:03 pm, Ross wrote:
You made a...
Forum: Piloting December 7th 09, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

george wrote:
On Dec 5, 7:39 am, Mark wrote:
On Dec 4, 1:03 pm, Ross wrote:

You made a comment about depreciation. Mine did not depreciate....
Forum: Piloting December 4th 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

Mike Ash wrote:
Since the last one seemed to work pretty well, here's another
cross-posted shot at injecting some relevant content into the group.

My glider's condition inspection was due...
Forum: Piloting December 4th 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
This is kinda what I'm looking for.

Mark wrote:
It's all the unknowns that make you wonder.

http://barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=390628

CLEAN AND FAST • $59,000 • FOR SALE • GLASAIR 1 TAILDRAGGER Need To
Move...
Forum: Piloting December 2nd 09, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
High flight

Mike Ash wrote:
In article
,
a wrote:

So help a non-glider pilot here. I take it the lennies...
Forum: Piloting November 23rd 09, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Cleaning windows

FMO wrote:
We will be renting an Archer for the week to tour the state and take some
aerial photos - as it is a rental all the windows are probably going to be
dirty - so what is good for...
Forum: Piloting November 23rd 09, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Aviation Insurance

Mark wrote:
/snip/ - Show quoted text -

I know what you're saying about the fatigue factor.
Actually, my longer trips would be around 415 miles,
and at 200kts I'm looking at 1.8 hours one...
Forum: Piloting November 16th 09, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Aviation Insurance

Darkwing wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
I remember a couple of years ago doing a
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules November 16th 09, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Ross
VOR Alpha into KMBO Approach with plate overlays and ATC COMS- Video

wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGHOqX4sHkI

I post this as I hope others can learn from my mistakes. Comments
here or on the video most appreciated.

I kinda got...
Forum: Owning November 12th 09, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Ross
Repair of wet wing leak

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Mark,

I am apparently a persona non grata at cessna-pilots.net.

I thought I signed up successfully on 8 Nov, but I've still not received
email from them.

Jon
Forum: Piloting November 11th 09, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
First time passenger in a GA plane - Video

wrote:
On Nov 8, 9:10 pm, "Æslop" wrote:
Got any advice on getting a reluctant wife to fly?
/snip/

Talk things out, and NEVER say oops, crap, WTF when...
Forum: Piloting November 9th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Æslop wrote:
Got any advice on getting a reluctant wife to fly?

You cannot push people to fly. Some just cannot do it. My wife would fly
with me, so I was lucky. I had a friend that his...
Forum: Piloting November 5th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Need Address and Job Details for Jeffrey Bloss

Jeffrey Bloss wrote:
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:29:45 -0500, Ron May wrote:

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:22:17 -0600, brian whatcott wrote:

Hi folks,

Anybody have Bloss's address and job...
Forum: Piloting November 2nd 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
Are there any active Cessna 150/152 owners groups?

brian whatcott wrote:
Mike Adams wrote:

I just bought a Cessna 152. I was trying to find an owners group I
can join...

The group to join is Cessna Pilots Association,...
Forum: Piloting November 2nd 09, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

Robert Moore wrote:
brian whatcott wrote
Robert Moore wrote:
BTW, what is a "cove"? :) My "Webster's" doesn't seem to know either.
Cove: Old term in the English vernacular standing for...
Forum: Piloting October 29th 09, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

Jeffrey Bloss wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:34:08 -0500, Ross wrote:

VOR-DME wrote:
In article ,
says...

Forum: Piloting October 28th 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ross
FAA throws pilots under the Airbus

VOR-DME wrote:
In article ,
says...

Bugger off - it's *bloody serious* - they're idiots!

They displayed a lack of...