Aileron "tuning" or "trimming" by [email protected]
Hi all, I have a PW-5 that requires side pressure on the stick at all times to correct a tendency to bank to the right. More pronounced at higher speeds, of course. Wing tape helps a little but doesn't eliminate it. But there is a visible tiny difference in aileron position from one side to the...
Nimbus 2c Ailerons by Craig Lowrie
If you have any Ailerons for a Nimbus 2c, pls get in touch... Thanks.. Craig
Today 09:19 AM
by Craig Lowrie Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
Replacement Convex O2 Cylinder by [email protected]
I took my steel O2 bottle from a PIK 20B to be tested and refilled, somehow it got lost in the process. They did give me a new bottle after five months of looking for it. However it doesn't quite fit the built in fuselage tunnel on the PIK correctly. The original bottle had a convex bottom and...
Today 06:37 AM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
1 14 Soaring
Flarmnet by Karl Kunz[_2_]
Tried to log on to the Flarmnet site and got the following message: "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /files/lxfile.php on this server. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe" Anyone else have this problem?
sunlight readable iphone by [email protected]
Does anyone have any data on whether the iPhone X OLED screen will be more sunlight readable than previous iPhones? The brightness spec looks the same (625cd/m2), but I see no data on the screen reflectance.
by jfitch Go to last post
104 963 Soaring
High Wing Planes are Better Than Low Wing Planes by [email protected]
And that's why you never see low-winged birds. ---- High-Wing vs Low-Wing Airplanes by Stephen Lewis Anyone contemplating the purchase of a single-engine airplane has numerous factors to consider prior to committing to buy. Among the items that warrant attention are acquisition price,...
by Clare Snyder Go to last post
10 1,078 Piloting
MicroAir Radio problems... by Steve Hill
A couple of years ago I purchased a brand new MicroAir 760 tranceiver. I kept it in the box, planning on exchanging it, as my trusty old Dittel FSG60m was starting to make funny noises and not quite act right...When the Dittel finally gave up the ghost one day, I set to installing the MicroAir. My...
22 1,124 Soaring
Mackay, Idaho regatta 2018 by Boise Pilot
Due to last minute cancellations we have one possible two spaces open for gliders needing tows. The regatta's first day of towing is July 23 and the last day is Aug. 5. This is mountain and valley flying. No ballast. On non flying days there is biking, fishing, hiking. Airport is just under...
Yesterday 08:13 PM
by Boise Pilot Go to last post
0 11 Soaring
Car/Truck to pull glider trailer by [email protected]
Hi All, I am new to this group and last fall added a glider rating to my ASEL certificate. I am planning to replace my car this summer and in anticipation of purchasing a glider someday, I would like to purchase a vehicle that would do a good job towing a glider. I also want it to get the best...
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
62 1,570 Soaring
Birds do it too... by WB
Interesting article at The Scientist. Parallels between behavior of soaring birds and soaring pilots (I almost wrote "soaring humans";). original...
Yesterday 07:42 PM
by Matt Herron Jr. Go to last post
6 38 Soaring
FS: Mountain High O2 transfill equipment by kenward1000
Mountain High equipment used for one safari to Bishop, CA, where I had to bring my own big oxygen tank. Paid over $600, asking $500. Excellent condition. Located in San Jose, CA. Will package, shipping costs dependent on buyer location. 1....
Yesterday 07:08 PM
by kenward1000 Go to last post
0 16 Soaring
Good lubricant for assembly by Senna Van den Bosch
I'm trying to find a good lubricant for assembly, available in Europe. Any ideas? Currently using regular vaseline.
Yesterday 04:16 PM
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post