Search: Posts made by: N2310D
Forum: Piloting January 6th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Posted By N2310D
Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

"gpsman" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder wrote: groups adjusted
Mxsmanic wrote:

MSFS...
Forum: Piloting January 4th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Downdraft at 12,000 feet

"Stefan" wrote in message
Morgans schrieb:

From what I have read, entering a real rotor, one would be lucky to...
Forum: Piloting December 30th 06, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Aviator's Gin

I've got a batch of homemade pomegranate wine in the fermenter. Maybe I'll
call it Pilot's Pomegranate Pop.
Forum: Piloting December 25th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Availability of the book Darker shades of blue: the rogue pilot by Tony Kern

"G. Sylvester" wrote in message
I've read Flight Discipline by Anthony Kern. I thought it was pretty
good. ...
Forum: Piloting December 23rd 06, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Autonomous refueling called successful

DARPA Performs World's First Hands-Off Autonomous Air Refueling Engagement
NASA pilot Dick Ewers and Flight Test Engineer Marty Trout fly hands-off
during the first-ever fully autonomous air...
Forum: Piloting December 22nd 06, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Merry Christmas and Happy Chanuka, et al

....Florence and Casey wish the best of the Holiday Season to
all........

Feliz Navidad
Joyeux Christams
???Christams
Vrolijke Christams
???????...
Forum: Piloting December 21st 06, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Definitely not Oshkosh compatible

"john smith" wrote in message
http://thegearjunkie.com/quechua-2-second-tent

LOL, toss that sucker up in the air out in my arena...
Forum: Piloting December 21st 06, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Happy Winter Solstice Day!

Winter is finally, officially here. I was going to celebrate with an
hour or so of just tooling up and down the Owens Valley with a vague idea of
shooting a couple landings at Mammoth Airport...
Forum: Piloting December 15th 06, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Two essential items...

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
RomeoMike wrote:
Is it possible that Les was dramatizing his situation for the...
Forum: Piloting December 13th 06, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
So...about that plane on the treadmill...

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote in message

Man you are a dick. This has NOT been adequately explained or there would
be no...
Forum: Piloting December 12th 06, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
So...about that plane on the treadmill...

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message

But anyone who does *not* violate the stated assumption (and
Forum: Piloting December 12th 06, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Posted By N2310D
Birdseye views and murphy's law

"Peter" wrote in message
For those in Melbourne

Forum: Piloting December 12th 06, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By N2310D
Drunk pilots

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
karl gruber wrote:
"NEVER drink and fly!!! Pull off the taxiway as...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 06, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Mxsmanic is clueless

"Kev" wrote in message
N2310D wrote:
The only thing photoshopped about this picture is the paste in of the
Forum: Piloting December 10th 06, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Mxsmanic is clueless

"Ron Garret" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kev"...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 06, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By N2310D
Taking newbies flying...

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
...offers endless opportunities for screwing up the experience for them,
as I've demonstrated...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 06, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By N2310D
Drunk pilots

"Blanche" wrote in message
And eastern Colorado is fantastic -- until late this evening.
Temps are expected to be in the 60s out...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 06, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By N2310D
Drunk pilots

"Wade Hasbrouck" wrote in message

I have a 10" Mead LX200GPS "Cloud Magnet." Sitting here in Seattle...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 06, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Plane crashes into tree

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
"N2310D" wrote:

CAVEAT!! This applies to the airplane on the roof, not in the...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 06, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Plane crashes into tree

CAVEAT!! This applies to the airplane on the roof, not in the tree.

"N2310D" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Photoshopped as well, of...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 06, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
Plane crashes into tree

Photoshopped as well, of course.

I wouldn't think so.

I'm pretty sure it was not photoshopped. Here's why:

1. The anti-aliasing on diagonal edges, especially where part of the...
Forum: Piloting December 9th 06, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
How fast does the skin of the airplane cool to surrounding temperatures?

"Ash Wyllie" wrote in message

Look up _radiational cooling_ . Space is in the single digits absolute,
and
the atmosphere is pretty much...
Forum: Piloting December 9th 06, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
[on topic, sort of] Taking a hint from the Quakers....

"Michael Houghton" wrote in message
Howdy!

In article ,
AJ...
Forum: Piloting December 6th 06, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
O2 Concentrator instead of O2 tank

LtCol. William H. Rankin
The Man Who Rode The Thunder

Here's the tale-of a naval pilot who discovered the extent of
that wildness.

In May 1960, while flying in formation with...
Forum: Piloting December 6th 06, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By N2310D
[on topic, sort of] Taking a hint from the Quakers....

..... I am now convinced along with others that the best, most effective
tactic shall be to shun he who will no longer be named nor addressed in any
of my posts regardless of however often he holds...