Good lubricant for assembly by Senna Van den Bosch
I'm trying to find a good lubricant for assembly, available in Europe. Any ideas? Currently using regular vaseline.
Today 07:09 AM
by 2G Go to last post
3 27 Soaring
GPS vs Gliding Computer by Mike Reid
Right after I win the lottery, I'm going to buy a Stemme. I've never flown a glider with either a GPS unit or a gliding computer, and I see that the Stemme comes with both. What do you get with one that you don't get with the other, and vice versa? Any information would be appreciated. Mike
Today 07:06 AM
by 2G Go to last post
1 12 Soaring
MicroAir Radio problems... by Steve Hill
A couple of years ago I purchased a brand new MicroAir 760 tranceiver. I kept it in the box, planning on exchanging it, as my trusty old Dittel FSG60m was starting to make funny noises and not quite act right...When the Dittel finally gave up the ghost one day, I set to installing the MicroAir. My...
by 2G Go to last post
23 1,134 Soaring
Kestrel 19 info wanted. by Glidingstuff[_2_]
Hi all Anybody got any links to a Kestrel 19 T59D owner group,pages etc? I have obtained a broken one for a long term project and want to obtain any info that is available re parts, mods and drawings. I remember from somewhere talk of a one piece canopy ala DG mod. Any info much appreciated.
Today 06:57 AM
by Colin Roney Go to last post
2 12 Soaring
Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar by [email protected]
What color devices are pilots using for Top Hat/XCSoar? I'm running Top Hat on a Kobo Glo (large eink gray scale--great readability) and a Dell Streak 5 (smaller screen, color, acceptable readability). If the Dell were a little brighter and larger, it would be perfect. Options seem to range from...
by Mike C Go to last post
40 480 Soaring
Aileron "tuning" or "trimming" by [email protected]
Hi all, I have a PW-5 that requires side pressure on the stick at all times to correct a tendency to bank to the right. More pronounced at higher speeds, of course. Wing tape helps a little but doesn't eliminate it. But there is a visible tiny difference in aileron position from one side to the...
Today 12:36 AM
by Matt Herron Jr. Go to last post
5 28 Soaring
Weight of D steel 02 cylinder Schliecher by Jonathan St. Cloud
Was wondering if anyone knew the approximate weight of tehnD size steel 02cylinders that are used in Schliecher gliders? Thanks
Nephi Sports Class Nationals and Region 9 Sports Class Contests StillHave Spots Available by [email protected]
The 2018 Sports Class Nationals and a Region 9 Sports Class contests held at Nephi (first practice day is June 17) still have some openings for pilots who want to attend. They were over subscribed early on, but we got a rash of cancellations due to a million different reasons from pilots and we...