Skysight Seeyou Mobile Oudie interface by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Hi Gents I've really been trying but I've come up against a wall Granted I'm a computer idiot, so please be patient and keep that note in mind. I've got a current Seeyou desktop version running I've got a current Skysight account running It looks like to me that you can try and load the days...
Today 07:26 AM
by krasw Go to last post
6 15 Soaring
Grob 109B engine by Charles Longley
I am doing an Annual on one that sat for over a year. It needs one new head. After a little research it appears the engine is based on the VW T3/T25 Transporter engine. This head appears to be the correct one- https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/071101351AC Can anyone with experience confirm it? Thanks!
Today 05:50 AM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
7 37 Soaring
Record Numbers Flying US Nightly Soaring! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, We had 33 pilots flying on US Nightly Soaring last night! More and more folks are getting back on Condor and having a great time. See report he https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/03/26/record-numbers-fly-us-nightly-soaring/ If you would like help getting involved on Condor, feel free...
Glider Fire Sale by [email protected]
Question for u guys. Do you think we are going to see a massive glider fire sale after this china virus deal subsides? I wonder if this crisis and its associated lack of flying opportunities is going to convince many of the non-die-hard guys to leave the sport and divest themselves of many good...
Today 05:11 AM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
7 27 Soaring
Seminole Lake Glider Port. by [email protected]
I wonder if someone made a low ball offer for SLGP right now how quickly Mihai would grab it? This could go on for some time to come, no one really knows. I assume that he was "not on the property" during the Seniors as advertised. I guess the excuse will be that the flight restrictions...
Today 03:22 AM
by Mike N. Go to last post
9 37 Soaring
Transceiver Troubleshooting Guide Updates by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
I just updated my transceiver troubleshooting guide to take it to a "what is the symptom" approach to the radio problems that plague us (discounting Covid-19 for the moment). Please give it a look-see and let me know if I... - Only served to confuse everyone - Made a grotesque mistake...
Today 02:50 AM
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
1 13 Soaring
ForeFlight collision avoidance system by MNLou
We have been having an interesting discussion about an apparently new functionality in ForeFlight that can display transponder equipped aircraft on a display (e.g. an Iphone) and, if the software detects the possibility of a mid-air collision, will turn aircraft symbols red and give an audio...
Today 02:38 AM
by Andrzej Kobus Go to last post
1 15 Soaring
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27 by Bob Youngblood
What a surprise, just today my son brought me a great gift to fight off the flaming liberals at the gliderport. It is a Bulgarian AK47 with 2000 rounds of ammunition. Thank god that I raised this kid correctly, educated him and he achieved the status of a Structural Engineer, PE. He advised me to...
Gangbuster Conditions in Nephi Today! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, 16,000ft, 8 knot thermals in Nephi today! Let's go fly... https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04/01/gangbusters-conditions-today-in-nephi/ All the best, Daniel
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
12 46 Soaring
Costello SSA insurance policy - special terms wrt glider storage_only coverage by son_of_flubber
Contact Costello for details. I won't muddy the waters (I'll leave that to someone else).
Yesterday 08:27 PM
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
0 13 Soaring
A trainer to meet the needs of today.... by Paul T[_4_]
What every club needs now - fly and meet the 'social isolation /distance' rules whilst still training your students - have several for sale - straight swap for ArcusM, Quintus, EB29, Ventus 3M or JS2/5 …...please see https://adverts.gliderpilot.net/?op=s3&id=17136 for further details. -
Yesterday 08:22 PM
by Ventus_a Go to last post
1 24 Soaring
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
140 278 Soaring
The Thermal Episode #11 now out by Herrie ten Cate[_2_]
Episode #11 of The Thermal is now available. http://pdcn.co/e/traffic.libsyn.com/thethermalpodcast/The_Thermal_-_Episode_11.mp3 In this Episode of The Thermal, we hear from Contest Manager Richard Owen on how his team of volunteers managed to keep this year’s Senior’s Contest in...
Yesterday 06:18 PM
by Rich Owen[_2_] Go to last post
2 32 Soaring
Clubs Still Flying List by [email protected]
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and...
by kinsell Go to last post
52 119 Soaring
SSA Contest Committee Announcement on COVID-19 and 2020 Contest Schedule by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
US Contest Pilots, The SSA Contest Committee has issued guidance to contest organizers with regard to COVID-19. It is available to all interested parties on SSA.org at the following link: https://www.ssa.org/files/member/Guidance%20to%202020%20SSA%20Contest%20Organizers.pdf These are...
by Tango Eight Go to last post
18 36 Soaring
Damn you, COVID-19!!! by Steve Leonard[_2_]
Looking at winds, forecasts, satellite photos, it looks like it could have been a very good run east from Minden, Nevada or someplace near there. SSA Sailplane Tracker doesn't want to work for me right now, so I can't see if anyone is up anywhere. Ah, well. Light winds, 4-5K AGL cu near Wichita,...
Oh My Omarama! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, We're off to New Zealand tonight! https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04/02/oh-my-omarama/ NOTE: Download the latest free patch to Condor: http://www.condorsoaring.com/downloads-2/ You won't be able to join the race if your Condor is not up to date. All the best, Daniel
Yesterday 02:33 PM
by Daniel Sazhin[_2_] Go to last post
0 17 Soaring
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Part 1 - By D.S. Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Part 1 - By D.S. Kabatoff April 1 2020 9:48 pm 33,999 words “The very concept of a nation founded by European settlers is offensive to me. Old stock White Canadians are an unpleasant relic, and quite frankly, replaceable. And we will replace them." –Canadian...
Yesterday 12:29 PM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 14 Home Built
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Part 1 - By D.S. Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Part 1 - By D.S. Kabatoff April 1 2020 9:48 pm 33,999 words “The very concept of a nation founded by European settlers is offensive to me. Old stock White Canadians are an unpleasant relic, and quite frankly, replaceable. And we will replace them." –Canadian...
Yesterday 12:27 PM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 15 General Aviation