Search: Posts made by: Mike Noel
Forum: Owning November 24th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Piper yoke pin SB

I took a quick look at the pin in the forward shaft that connects the
u-joint to the t-bar in my 74 Archer. Unfortunately there is no witness
hole, so the pin will be pulled to check for the pin...
Forum: Owning November 21st 09, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Zenith Zodiac 601XL

I remember one of the posters to this group bought an XL. I was wondering
how the AD is affecting him and how Zenith is helping with the situation.

Best Regards,
Mike.
Forum: Owning November 21st 09, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Piper Arrow Shoulder Belt Tensioner

John, my 74 Archer shoulder belt provides constant, though to me not very
noticeable, tension. I recently replaced a retractor mechanism and it also
has constant tension.

Best Regards,
Mike.
Forum: Owning October 27th 09, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Setting up video and Audio in my plane - Video

Thanks for sharing! It is simpler than I envisioned.

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/
"A Lieberma" wrote in message...
Forum: Owning August 26th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Curtis oil quick drain

Dan, thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/
wrote in message
On...
Forum: Owning August 25th 09, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Curtis oil quick drain

We need to replace the quick drain on the bottom of our Lyc O-360-A1A. The
valve for the application is the CCB-37000. Does anyone know the correct
torque and any recommended thread sealant?
--...
Forum: Owning August 12th 09, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
aopa flight planner access problems

I think I found the problem with Firefox. I had added Skype to my computer.
After disabling the Skype extension for windows under TOOLS-ADD-ONS, Firefox
was able to access the flight planner.

--...
Forum: Owning August 11th 09, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
aopa flight planner access problems

I checked with AOPA and the tech guy was very helpful. Turns out it has
something to do with the Firefox browser on my system. It used to work, but
now doesn't, perhaps because of a version...
Forum: Owning August 10th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
aopa flight planner access problems

Using this flight planner has become a regular part of my preflight prep.

My membership expires at the end of this month. I sent in my renewal about
a week ago. I noticed on Thursday I had lost...
Forum: Owning June 8th 09, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Cherokee 140 Oil Temp Creeping Up

Mike, was the oil filter adapter also changed or was its vernatherm seat
ground when the vernatherm was changed? If the new vernatherm doesn't fit
the seat in the oil filter adapter, the...
Forum: Owning June 2nd 09, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Freedom to travel...

Pulling politics into this ng is poisonous. The group is divided as deeply
politically as the country. 'Can't we all just get along...' RK.

--
Best...
Forum: Owning May 21st 09, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning

Ross, reading your post reminded me of another aspect of ground leaning. I
also start the engine with the mixture in the ground lean position, which is
maybe at most 1/2 inch forward of idle...
Forum: Owning May 20th 09, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Spark plug cleaner

Leo, about a year after I bought my Archer I started having chronic failed
mag checks with my O-360. I went through the usual high power leaning
procedure to get it temporarily cleared or, failing...
Forum: Owning May 16th 09, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
headset feedback loop during xmit

Telex (evidently now owned by Bosch) fixed the Stratus 30 under warranty and
it's working well. They replaced a circuit card and the mic. The service
people were friendly and the turn-around...
Forum: Owning May 16th 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Piper Parts Master Cross Reference

You can buy a hardcopy parts catalog from:

http://www.esscoaircraft.com/Piper_PA28_Series_Parts_Catalog_p/5603.htm

--
Best Regards,
Mike.
Posted By Mike Noel
headset feedback loop during xmit

Adjusting the mic gain made no difference and so the headset went back to
Telex for warranty repair (36 month warranty on the Stratus 30 and 60 months
for the Stratus 30XT). I'll report back later...
Forum: Owning April 27th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
headset feedback loop during xmit

Thanks for the suggestions. I also contacted Telex support and they suggest
to first try reducing the microphone gain (CCW) before sending the unit back
to them. I'll follow up later with the...
Forum: Owning April 25th 09, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
headset feedback loop during xmit

Hi Chris...I'm getting the feedback while sitting in my hangar xmitting on
123.45, I've tried several sets of regular alkaline batteries, and I have
the cabin speaker turned off.

--
Best...
Forum: Owning April 25th 09, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
headset feedback loop during xmit

My Telex 30 headset and SL30 nav/com have developed a loud and annoying
oscillation during xmit. The tone is both obvious in the headset side-tone
and also is heard by other's listening on the...
Forum: Owning April 6th 09, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Installing a landing light blinker in an Archer

Jim, I had actually calculated 540 ohms for 13 volts and went looking for
560 ohms resistors. My local RS didn't have any 560's so I settled for two
1K 1/4 Watts in parallel. Good catch.

--...
Forum: Owning April 6th 09, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Installing a landing light blinker in an Archer

A while back I asked for information about installing a landing light
blinker system in an Archer. Now that the job is done I'll share my
experiences with the Great Planetary Bit-Bucket.
First...
Forum: Owning March 16th 09, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Anyone installed a landing light flasher?

Thanks for letting me know Jim. I've got lots of project to keep me busy
also.

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/
"RST Engineering" wrote in...
Forum: Owning March 15th 09, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Anyone installed a landing light flasher?

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'll post my own experiences when I
get the flasher circuit built and installed.

--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/
"Jay Honeck"...
Forum: Owning March 11th 09, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Anyone installed a landing light flasher?

I added the sender immediately to my block list. There are too many other
things to worry about these days to give such comments serious
consideration.

--
Best...
Forum: Owning March 11th 09, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Mike Noel
Anyone installed a landing light flasher?

Your a gem, Jim. The SASE is on it's way...

--

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel