Felt by Jay Campbell
Many of you use, or could use, felt for lots of things in your trailers (fitments, pads), your dollies, wing stands (maybe). I know that over the years, felt has been a part of every one of my winter's project list. I used to have an industrial supplier "down the street" and got off-cuts from him...
Today 09:56 AM
by R. Suppards Go to last post
9 57 Soaring
LS6b ballast valve seal by Ben Coleman
Hi all, I am rebuilding my ballast valve at the moment. I have it apart (unfortunately in more bits than I planned but that is another story) and would like to replace the rubber seal / seat that the ball-on-a-stick sits on. Does anyone know what seal it is and/or where to get one? I assume...
Today 04:53 AM
by Ben Coleman Go to last post
0 11 Soaring
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Kuykendall
At 23:55 05 April 2020, Gregg Ballou wrote: ...Yearly flu has a higher body count... Quick update: Some time in the next few days, US deaths from Covid-19 will exceed 200,000. That's in about 7.5 months since the first death reported in early February. --Bob K.
by 2G Go to last post
19 73 Soaring
Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada by 2G
He flew with two other paragliders last Saturday and hasn't been heard from since: https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/infrared-tech-used-in-hunt-for-paraglider-pilot-missing-in-nevada-2104357/ This is very unforgiving country to be flying over. You can walk for an entire day and not...
Hero, Garmin or OTHER? by [email protected]
Reading the dismal (I'm being kind) reviews of the latest Hero Gopro I'm looking at alternatives. Kind of. Has anybody settled on an alternative? So far what I've seen either desaturates color or has reliability issues. (Read=this is NOT an endorsement of Garmin OR GoPro.). Thanks for any...
FES underpowered for 18m ship? by Mana
I just had a chat with a fellow pilot whose friend sold his LAK 17b FES because he was disappointed by the ability of the FES to gain altitude. The problem being that when applying sufficient power to gain altitude, the battery would get warm to the point where the controller shuts the motor down....
by 2G Go to last post
52 156 Soaring
Powersonic "Smart Battery" tested by jfitch
It seems like a nice concept and I was recommending others try so I thought I should too. https://www.power-sonic.com/batteries/lithium-bluetooth-series/ I bought the 12120 which is 12.5AH to replace my StarkPower 12AH (which after 6 years use still tests at 11.9 AH). The Powersonic is available...
by 2G Go to last post
46 223 Soaring
Dual Flying Covid Protocols by Rick McClure
Many clubs and commercial operations are back flying and many are flying dual instruction/demo flights. What procedures are being used to minimize possible infections.
Today 12:37 AM
by Michael Bamberg Go to last post
2 15 Soaring
Cleaning old bugs by cuflyer
What's the best (safest) way to get year-old bugs off a gel wing? I tried searching old posts, but I kept getting kicked out for some reason. TIA, Tim
by Roy B. Go to last post
12 61 Soaring
CAUTION - Active Scam Attempt on W&W Classifieds by Sean Franke
Scams occur in every corner and attempts at Wings & Wheels classifieds are not exempt. I feel it's important to make you aware of the scam that surfaced yesterday. We received over a dozen calls regarding a person who calls himself Michael Diaz (no doubt not his real name). If you have an active...
Yesterday 07:48 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
4 43 Soaring
Best Overall Motorglider available today? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I thought I'd start a new one. This topic came up over dinner a couple of weeks ago. When you add all the following into a pot and stir, whats the "Best" Say for Western Great Basin flying. I think it may be the Carat, but I don't know much about...
by Randy Acree Go to last post
50 137 Soaring
SAGE SV Vario 80mm +- 10 knots by Mike N.
I am selling a Sage SV Vario +- 10 knots 80mm Calibration sticker shows 2004 Excellent condition Flask included Per manufactures website: 1.8 second speed +/-10 knots(5m/s) 80mm or 57mm
Yesterday 04:15 PM
by Mike N. Go to last post
1 12 Soaring
Electric Volocopter Begins Air Taxi Ticket Sales by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/recent-updates/evtols-urban-mobility/volocopter-begins-air-taxi-ticket-sales Volocopter Begins Air Taxi Ticket Sales Kate O'ConnorSeptember 17, 20206 Image: Volocopter Urban air mobility (UAM) company Volocopter announced on Wednesday that it is now selling tickets for...
Yesterday 02:55 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 11 Piloting
WANTED: Tow Out Gear and Wing Stands by David Shelton[_2_]
I'm looking for used tow out gear and wing stands. This is for use with a Pik-20E.
Yesterday 02:13 PM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post