Forum: Owning October 1st 07, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Compass overhaul dream

Peter R. wrote:
This model of compasses is painted black and, as you know, mounted on
top of the glare shield right in the direct sunlight. At the very least
wouldn't it be...
Forum: Owning October 1st 07, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Voltage variation

David Lesher wrote:
I can't see why he can't do all the testing with the engine off. That's
LOTS safer. Yes, he'll drain the battery slightly but we're talking only
a few...
Forum: Owning September 30th 07, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
S.N.A.F.U.

Jay Honeck wrote:
Jay, I find using a awl to locate the holes then pull the awl and insert
screw. Been working for me. What gets me is when I drop one and have the
tear...
Forum: Owning September 30th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Voltage, EDM-700, trim switch follow-up

Jay Honeck wrote:
[JPI] offered to update the unit's software and to install a USB output
(instead of the stupid phono jack) for "only" $268. When I balked at
that, they...
Forum: Owning September 27th 07, 08:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
S.N.A.F.U.

Ray Andraka wrote:
Anyway, the harness problem appears to be a bad crimp on the pins JPI
put on. I had to get a pin extractor tool ($6.80 from mouser plus $5
shipping) to get...
Forum: Piloting September 26th 07, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CAD Tools For Aircraft Design

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
If someone were to being a (very long term) project to design a small
aicraft, on a budget, what software tool would be appropriate?

Is AutoCAD...
Forum: Owning September 24th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Voltage variation

Roy Smith wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
If the JPI is coming out soon, it might be interesting to pull the
other...
Forum: Owning September 24th 07, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Voltage variation

Jay Honeck wrote:
The JPI has its own built-in voltage indicator. It will usually read
13.4 or 13.5 volts. We also have a stand-alone, panel-mounted digital
Forum: Piloting September 7th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Would you fly on this airline?

B A R R Y wrote:
On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:56:46 +0100, "S Green"
wrote:
Goat is just the right thing for gyros

I'm ready to...
Forum: Owning September 4th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
A real head-scratcher

Jay Honeck wrote:
[JPI EDM-700 engine analyzer missing seven-segment display segments]

Now for the odd part: The missing segments of the LEDs are NOT
consistent. For...
Forum: Owning September 4th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Sealed Battery

Newps wrote:
Don't waste your money on a float charger. Lots of guys on a different
list went to the trouble of hooking up a float charger every time they
get back. A...
Forum: Piloting September 1st 07, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
University of North Dakota video lessons

In rec.aviation.piloting Larry Dighera wrote:
Has anyone got a freeware .M4V to MPEG or AVI converter?

I've had reasonable luck with MediaCoder...
Forum: Owning August 29th 07, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
IO-540 mystery

Paul Tomblin wrote:
Twice this year, while people have been flight training in it (I was
doing a BFR this spring, another pilot was checking out in the plane
for...
Forum: Home Built August 25th 07, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Shipping a Radar-Advice?

In rec.aviation.piloting Al G wrote:
We don't have to ship the pod, just the [radar] receiver/transmitter
and display. The R/T is probably 12" x 12", and weighs...
Forum: Piloting August 25th 07, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Shipping a Radar-Advice?

In rec.aviation.piloting Al G wrote:
We don't have to ship the pod, just the [radar] receiver/transmitter
and display. The R/T is probably 12" x 12", and weighs...
Forum: Piloting August 15th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Shake rattle and roll

Denny wrote:
Luckily, the fat old Apache just wallows along in these conditions
and doesn't seem to mind - more than I can say for the loose nut
on the yoke...

Loose nut?...
Forum: Owning August 7th 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
WX1000+ Stormscope problem

Kyprianos Biris wrote:
I recently got an L3 Avionics (ex BFGoodrich) WX1000+ stormscope
installed. [...] The problem is that the WX unit reboots on its own
every...
Forum: Piloting July 26th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher"

In rec.aviation.piloting Al G wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message

Is anyone else having a problem of posts repeating themselves a few
days...
Forum: Owning July 26th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher"

"Morgans" wrote in message

Is anyone else having a problem of posts repeating themselves a few
days...
Forum: Owning July 24th 07, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Electric trim switch -- source?

Jay Honeck wrote:
Matt Roberds wrote:

I've never held one in my hand, but an operator control with switches
"tiny enough to require a...
Forum: Piloting July 24th 07, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Air Traffic/Pilot Terminology

GeorgeC wrote:
In the AIM (Aeronautical Information Manual) in the back of the book
there is dictionary of Abbreviations/Acronyms. You can get am AIM at
the local...
Forum: Piloting July 24th 07, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cheap Web Host for CAP squadron

GeorgeC wrote:
Will you recommend a good cheap web host?

I have been happy with 1&1's "Business" package on Linux, which is
normally about $10 a month. You might be...
Forum: Piloting July 24th 07, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ok, so how *do* you hotstart your IO-540?

Paul Tomblin wrote:
But yesterday, after flying for an hour and then sitting in the hot
sun for half an hour waiting for customs, I couldn't restart the
Lance and...
Forum: Home Built July 24th 07, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Come see us at Oshkosh

In rec.aviation.piloting wrote:
On Jul 12, 1:29 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
wrote

Try clicking on your page in the sig. It only...
Forum: Piloting July 24th 07, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt